Resume Settings per Library

iamspartacus

iamspartacus

The global resume settings are an issue, specifically the max resume percentage.  Those percentages don't seem to corelate well between TV and Movie libraries.  I either wind up with TV shows that get marked as finish if I pause with a minute or two to go or Movies never get marked as watched because the credits take up a goo portion of the percentage.

If we could set these resume settings per library it would be very helpful.

• Like 2

Can you give some examples of media where this has happened?

We use a percentage value specifically so that it will translate to items of differing lengths and I've never had an issue with the defaults.

iamspartacus

Can you give some examples of media where this has happened?

We use a percentage value specifically so that it will translate to items of differing lengths and I've never had an issue with the defaults.

I'll have to find the examples when I get home.  I realize it's based on percentages but my point is that the percentages don't always play nice in both movies and TV shows.  TV shows usually go right to the end with less than a minute of credits if that.  Movies can sometimes have 10+ minutes of credits.  So for TV shows to function right I'd need to set it to like 98-99% but with that percentage almost no movie would ever get marked as watched if I exit as soon as the credits come on.

Edited by iamspartacus
  • Like 1

Our default setting is 90%.  A 2 hour movie would have to have over 12 minutes of credits to not satisfy that setting.

I can see maybe there being some very edge cases that wouldn't satisfy this but I'm not sure it is prevalent enough to warrant complicating the setup this much.

But, if you can find several examples, we can consider it.

Thanks.

iamspartacus

Our default setting is 90%.  A 2 hour movie would have to have over 12 minutes of credits to not satisfy that setting.

I can see maybe there being some very edge cases that wouldn't satisfy this but I'm not sure it is prevalent enough to warrant complicating the setup this much.

But, if you can find several examples, we can consider it.

Thanks.

The problem with the 90% setting is what if I pause a 42min TV episode with 2-3 minutes left or a 60min episode with 4-5 minutes left?  It automatically marks it as done and then I have to start it over and skip ahead to the exact point I was at.

Edited by iamspartacus

mastrmind11

Yeah, when I think about this, it shouldn't be a global setting.  I rarely don't watch an episode until the end so it doesn't really matter, but it raises a good point.  You can't treat both types the same when auto marking a watch status.  Movies it makes sense since there are several minutes of credits, TV shows rarely and in some cases of repeats, credits rip past in a fraction of the time.  Again, idgaf, but I can see how this might be an issue for those who like TV related media.