Emby for Chromecast - Support seeking via Google Home

scott.albertine

scott.albertine

When I play media on my Chromecast (named TV in upcoming examples) using Emby, I can say to my Google Home "Hey Google, pause on TV", and it will pause the movie on that Chromecast.  I can also say "Hey Google, play on TV" and it will resume playback.  I can also adjust the volume using voice commands.  I cannot, however, seek forward and backward using voice commands, like "Hey Google, rewind 30 seconds on TV".  The Google Home acts as if it's accepted the command, and doesn't give me any errors or issues, but nothing actually happens on the Chromecast, unlike with play/pause and volume control.  I'd like to be able to seek forward and backward using Google Home.

I suspect it's related to the fact that I don't have a seek bar in the Google Home app (on ios or android), or in the Chromecast Chrome extension dialog, when looking at the device that's playing Emby, despite getting one for Spotify and Youtube and such apps.

I'm a professional web developer, and have looked all over github for the source to the Emby Chromecast receiver app, and can't find it.  If someone could point me to the sources for that receiver app, I'm confident I could make this work on my own.

Hi, yea I'm guessing we should be able to support this. We are already listening for certain commands which is why play and pause work. I'm guessing they probably added a new one to seek based on an offset. Thanks.

• Like 1