Season navigation (Android and others?)

mastrmind11

mastrmind11

Please, when a season is selected, the vertical list is so counter-intuitive its maddening.  Clicking on the season poster from within a season should not bring up the image edit screen, it should list the episodes.  It's also impossible to batch edit/remove episodes in a season from this screen (as mentioned in a previous post).  Not a biggie, I know .net core is the focus now, I just rarely use the Android app and when I dot his behavior makes me want to smash my forehead onto the table. 

(obligatory thanks for the hard work) :)

Edited by mastrmind11

Clicking on the season poster from within a season should not bring up the image edit screen, it should list the episodes.

What do you mean? the episode list is right on the same screen underneath the season info.

mastrmind11

Sorry, this is from a Chromebook via Chrome browser.

main menu > TV > [Pick a season] > vertical list of episodes (should be horizontal w/ multi select enabled)

main menu > TV > Next Up > next up episode w/ horiztonal list of every other episode (w/ multi select enabled)

Just tried an Adroid phone, same.

In short, the vertical episode list is a cf unless multiselect is enabled.  OR, it needs to be the same as when you click on Next Up

and get the horizontal scroll (which works well on both Android and browser) as well as support multi select.

However, clicking the main season poster should not take me to an edit image menu, it should take me to nowhere or the episodes list (horizontal or vertical but with multi select enabled)

edit:  I have not noticed this on ATV since I generally just hit the play next up icon, but I'll get some more info when I get home.

Edited by mastrmind11

mastrmind11

I think it makes sense as it is, we just need multi-select features in list views.

I would tend to agree (w/ multi enabled), other than Next Up is a horiztonal scroll while Season is vertical.  idgaf to be honest as long as it's consistent and won't change.  Muscle memory and all that ...  thanks @@Luke

Anytime you have multiple categories listed vertically, that's when it makes sense to scroll those categories horizontally so that is the difference.

mastrmind11

Anytime you have multiple categories listed vertically, that's when it makes sense to scroll those categories horizontally so that is the difference.

I get what you're saying, but we're talking about a single category... a single series.  It's vertical from the Season category, horizontal from the Next Up category.  Next Up will obviously be a single category, the current season... which works great .  I guess I have to find somethig in my library that spans multiple series, which is probably non-existant, but I'd love a teaser screen shot of what this might look like w/ multiple seasons... imo, admittedly w/o seeing multiple seasons, it'd make more sense to have multiple horizontal rows of episodes lableled by season, but I digress.  

If you mean next up -> click episode -> use the "more from season x" section.

yes, it scrolls horizontally because that detail screen has other content below. they are two different screens.

mastrmind11

If you mean next up -> click episode -> use the "more from season x" section.

yes, it scrolls horizontally because that detail screen has other content below. they are two different screens.

Yes. That's what I mean, but from  a per season level.  Again, and I'll reiterate this, my gripe is because I can't remove episodes in bulk from the season level.  So if that functionality comes available, it's kind of a moot point.  However, clicking on a season poster should never send me to the edit images screen... that's should ALWAYS be a submenu from a UX perspective.

edit:  2nd gin and soda

Edited by mastrmind11