TV Trailers Plugin

BeppoMonkeyBoy

BeppoMonkeyBoy

Is there any interest in my TV trailers plugin I've been developing (for my own use), it uses the youtube API (Not web scraping or downloading from youtube), as well as a little bit of search caching, to limit hits to the api, I'm reluctant to do a proper release until i work out the kinks, and to see if anyone even cares about it. I have a test version almost ready to go, I might have to rig up a config screen to input a youtube API key, at the moment the proof of concept just does, the Arrow TV show and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I can expand it to do a few more.

Last time I the web interface supports, it and the last time I checked the ios app did too.

post-3989-0-36616500-1508169020_thumb.jpg

Happy2Play

Emby already does this a Series level.  How is this different?  From screenshot it looks to be episode level.

Overseer

Emby already does this a Series level.  How is this different?  From screenshot it looks to be episode level.

I don't see this and I do have the Trailers plug-in installed.

Overseer

Is there any interest in my TV trailers plugin I've been developing (for my own use), it uses the youtube API (Not web scraping or downloading from youtube), as well as a little bit of search caching, to limit hits to the api, I'm reluctant to do a proper release until i work out the kinks, and to see if anyone even cares about it. I have a test version almost ready to go, I might have to rig up a config screen to input a youtube API key, at the moment the proof of concept just does, the Arrow TV show and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I can expand it to do a few more.

Last time I the web interface supports, it and the last time I checked the ios app did too.

If nothing is being downloaded then I'm game for trying this.   I have a subscription for YouTube Red.

Happy2Play

I don't see this and I do have the Trailers plug-in installed.

Do you get your metadata from Emby?  Do you have "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" enable for content type TV?  Have you tried refresh a Series to see if Emby grabs the trailer?  I believe they come from TMDB metadata.  So what options do you have enable for content type TV in the Library-Metadata menu?

Overseer

Do you get your metadata from Emby?

Yes, I have Emby set-up to pull metadata.

Do you have "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" enable for content type TV? 

Yes, that box is checked.

Have you tried refresh a Series to see if Emby grabs the trailer? 

Hmm...interesting.  I have Emby set to refresh every 30 days.  I just did a manual refresh of Arrow and now get a Trailer button for Arrow series.  Not sure why the 'Every 30 days' hasn't pulled anything down and I'm not sure when the 'Every 30 days' will run next as there is nothing there to tell me that.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Yes you would have to enable MovieDb because that's where they come from. It is off by default for TV because it will cause library scans to take longer.

BeppoMonkeyBoy

If nothing is being downloaded then I'm game for trying this.   I have a subscription for YouTube Red.

My proof of concept plugin, adds trailers at the episode level, its very useful if you have the option to show unaired episodes as you can see trailers for next weeks shows, however I like to have the trailers for as much stuff as i can :)

• Like 1