New imported episodes locked by default

Media Maniac

Media Maniac

I recently locked my TV series folder and proceeded to unlock all shows that are still active at each series folder name . I then noticed metadata was not updating for new episodes and when I checked the metadata manager shows the new episode is locked. After I unlock it and refresh the metadata updates. The problem is this is happening all the time and changing the lock status further up the tree does not resolve the issue. I have now unlocked the TV series top folder but the issue remains with new episodes.

Version 3.2.33.0 running on a Qnap.

Thanks for your assistance - Ron

2017-10-16 Emby Log.txt

post-130227-0-72912300-1508149919_thumb.png

See if there is a parent folder that is locked. That should be the only reason why that would happen. Thanks.

Media Maniac

Hi

I Have checked and reset all folders in all sections and the same problem occurred when a new episode was downloaded shortly after. 

Thanks.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play have you seen this? thanks.

I tested on Windows net core .11 and could not replicate this (all nfo metadata from Emby).

Locked Library TV

Unlocked specific Shows

Added episodes

Performed library scan

Episode updated

59e6478a08ae7_lock.jpg

@@Media Maniac Can you post a server log showing this issue.

What exactly did you lock before? the only way this happens is at the time of the new episode import, it thinks that there is a parent folder that is locked.

Media Maniac

Sometime ago I locked the TV series folder which locked everything below and then I unlocked shows that were still current, due too the size it was faster process. Having since undone the the locking clearly the system still thinks there is a lock at a higher level and I have searched and cannot find it. Would a rebuild of the library resolve the issue and if so what are the steps ?

Cheers

Happy2Play

Does toggling the library to locked allowing everything to lock then unlocking everything work?  This is only happening to newly added episodes?

Media Maniac

I have tried toggling the lock on folders but it does not resolve the issue with any new episodes. As when new episodes or seasons are added they are locked by default.

• 2 weeks later...
Media Maniac

Hi Luke , apologies for the late reply , I have had the flu.

I removed the whole TV library and rather than rebuild the whole lot to find it still did not work I then just created a new temp area for a couple of current TV shows and the setup the required paths .

I did not setup the auto organise until the scan library brought across the folders into the Metadata Manager these came across and were not locked:) then I enabled auto organise and forced an organise and the episode was not locked :) and all metadata was successfully pulled from the Internet .  I will now test a few more over the coming days plus try enabling locking on a series .

To summarise deleting the Library entry and recreating a new one appears to fix the stuck locks but more testing is required. I will post an update soon.