Podcasts and Metadata

asmithau

asmithau

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this is a Podcast plugin question or a server metadata question.

I've setup the podcasts plugin and in a number of cases the text is badly formatted or non-existent when being imported (podcast field details / not import issue).

I thought I'd go in and edit the text directly in the metadata itself (via the Metadata Manager), and then disable the metadata from being updated (ie name and overview etc). nb. This is just for the main podcast details, not the episode details.

Unfortunately when the podcasts are refreshed the metadata is over written, even though the field/s has been disabled from being updated.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Adam

Edited by asmithau

Sorry, Podcasts are an odd bird as opposed to everything else in MB.  There is no "metadata provider" for them - all the data is supplied in the feed that supplies the podcast.  So, we take that data to be correct and there isn't a way to disable it (since it is all we have - there is no external xml or anything else to rely upon).

What, specifically, are the things you are trying to change?

asmithau

Hi ebr,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It was mainly things like the podcast name. Often the names may have something appended on to the end of it like 'Windows Weekly (video hd)' that I'd like to remove.

The other main one is the podcast overview. For example, Tom Merritt's new Daily Tech News Show currently has an overview of "testing", I'd like to add something more descriptive. Others just have poor formatting that I'd like to tidy up. 

As you might gather from my request, I'm a bit anal about how I present this stuff :)

Thanks for your response

Adam

Edited by asmithau
  • Like 1