Nvidia Shield interface screenshots/picture quality

colleycol

colleycol

Can anyone post some shots of the Emby app on their shield?  I am thinking of using the shield versus and HTPC.

Whats the consensus on picture quality (especially a front projector)?

Will we ever Madvr for Shield ( i know, dumb question)?

Jdiesel

A HTPC can do a better job of upscaling than the Shield TV. If your source material doesn't require upscaling the difference should be negligible.

If you have a 1080p front projector and watch high quality 1080p Bluray rips/remixes the quality should be the same on both. The HTPC will have a clear advantage with interlaced content though.

Gilgamesh_48

Can anyone post some shots of the Emby app on their shield?  I am thinking of using the shield versus and HTPC.

Whats the consensus on picture quality (especially a front projector)?

Will we ever Madvr for Shield ( i know, dumb question)?

I use my Shield in my main viewing area almost all the time and I find it great. However I am somewhat on the older side (approaching 70) and my old eyes and ears are not very demanding and I see no important difference between a good 720p encode and most of the fancy "advanced" video encodes that people seem so enamored of. On the audio side good Dolby 2.1 stereo is all I need.

What I can say about the Shield for me is that it runs both the Emby client and my Plex server and never complains and it produces a picture that seems "sharper" even to my old eyes that either my Fire or my Rokus. I do not think that has anything to do with resolution as all my clients are set to 1080p and it is true in both the user interface and video that get played. The picture just looks sharpe on my Shield.

I would produce some screen shots but they would just be cell phone pictures of my TV and therefore of little good for anyone. I really have no idea how to get a screen shot off my Shield. 

My recommendation for most people wanting a new/better client is buy one from a good source, like Amazon, and try it for a week or two and, if you don't like it return it. There is very very little risk and nobody can judge how a system will look to you except you.

• Like 2