Very pleased. Great job emby team!

tdiguy

Well I dusted off a very old intel atom system of mine: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153131 with 2 gigs of ram.

Installed debian on it and got emby and webmin installed ( got sick of doing permissions via command line and screwing them up ) 

With a little bit of tweekeing ( setting default runlevel to 3 so no gui normally and allowing autologin ) i can now watch live tv via emby apps flawlessly, even the hd stations ( which admittedly are only 720 ) 

I think emby is doing a great job with making an efficient app. Heck with a little tweaking server side i bet emby could transcode live tv on a pi3 without it pausing to buffer. 

Maybe some time next year i will spend a hundred or so and upgrade to a celeron system with quicksyn, hardware acceleration. 

Keep up the great work with the .net core also. I am running the beta of it and its nice and responsive.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
jachin99

I'm starting to feel the same way.  I can play emby on most of my PCs, Game systems, etc.  and I know I will get all the server's functionality, and It will work reliably.  After working through all of the kinks Emby looks like its a winner.  :)