"Next episodes" no longer shows episodes in progress

joggs

I'm using the emby plugin for kodi togther with the titan skin and the vertical widget feature, and up until recently, the "next episodes"- 'widget view', displayed episodes in progress AND next episodes. Now you only see "Next episodes".

I suppose this is the more correct approach based on the view definition, but it was very convenient to have "in progress episodes" and "next episodes" in the same view and therefore also on one widget row. Now i need 2 widget rows, one with in progress and one with next which feels unnecessary (based on my use case. Not everyone's)

I'd really like to see a in "progress and next episodes" if the current views are as they are supposed to be.

Angelblue05

And what is the issue with next up provided by the addon?

And can't you create a smartplaylist that'd do precisely that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what is the issue with next up provided by the addon?

And can't you create a smartplaylist that'd do precisely that?

There is no 'next up'- view that works like it does in the emby app, e.g shows both 'in progress' and 'next up'. (it did until recently).

Now you have the view  'next episodes' that only shows next episode and ignores if you have x% left of 'current' episode. You also have 'in progress',that only shows 'episodes in progress'.

The 'next up' in emby is a combo of the both and is a great view and is a view that I think should be included by default. You have the feature in the app and I think we should have the same feature in the addon.

Great suggestion regarding the smartplaylist as a workaround. I've did not now you could customize it.

Edited by joggs
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Thing is, nextup hasn't changed. It's the same code in the addon. Maybe you tried embycon and you are confusing the two?

Anyway, the whole point of emby for kodi, is to use Kodi features with Emby content. A smartplaylist can be made, because your content exists in the Kodi library. You should be able to combine the two (in progress and next up). [emoji4]

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1