[OT] Disney's Movies Anywhere

CBers

Waldonnis

I still have a few issues with it, but I like the new offering generally (DMA wasn't bad, but too limited).  When I first tried to link to my Vudu account, the link wasn't established and it was a known issue, but they seem to have that mostly sorted out at this point.  My only real problem with the linking now is that some of my titles with multiple editions/cuts are only showing up once.  BvS, notably, only shows the theatrical edition on MA, but Vudu shows both theatrical and ultimate (and Logan Noir is still stubbornly listed as an extra under Logan).  It's like they did the aggregation, but the ingested data is still at the mercy of the link sources' organisation, which is haphazard at best even within individual library sources (Vudu is notorious for that).

I'm curious if it's showing UHD availability for people with 4k devices.  I have several UHD movies redeemed and available in Vudu, but since I have no 4k playback capability here, I can't tell what resolutions I have available/redeemed (just presents the title, not available resolutions).  Does it just present the best resolution for the playback device or is it limited to 1080p overall?  Their FAQ is useless still, so I just can't tell.

My other nitpick is the lack of sorting options on the web interface.  At least my other devices' MA clients let me sort by release date or alphabetically.  The default sort of "date added" sucks and you can't change it on the browser page yet.  I'm sure they'll get that in order before long, but finding a title isn't easy if you have more than a dozen or so (and was it really necessary to make the poster images so large?).

n all, It's nice that they have almost all of the studios on board and will hopefully mature and fix some of the interface issues in the next quarter or two.

mastrmind11

But doesn't it only apply to movies purchesed via those ptoviders?  Seems pointless, especially for this group considering most members here are direct rips of already owned media.  I'd love for an app to bring all other apps into 1.  That;s the money maker.

I'd love for an app to bring all other apps into 1.  That;s the money maker.

Not from these guy's perspectives, as you already pointed out... :)

But doesn't it only apply to movies purchesed via those ptoviders?  

Waldonnis

But doesn't it only apply to movies purchesed via those ptoviders?  Seems pointless, especially for this group considering most members here are direct rips of already owned media.  I'd love for an app to bring all other apps into 1.  That;s the money maker.

It applies to digital copies that are redeemed from the inserts that come with UHD/BRDs.  Even redeeming a title via UV ends up unlocking access at specific vendors - often Vudu, Google Play, formerly-DMA, or any of the individual studios' "digital locker" sites (and sometimes iTunes).  Having an aggregating site is immensely useful so I don't have to visit several different apps just to see my entire library.  I've redeemed enough of them in places that link to Vudu, so it tends to be my go-to spot, but there are a few titles that don't port over well - often things that don't port over as UHD because there's no contract between Vudu and the studio in question...or it's a Fox title.  If MA solves that issue eventually, and manages to convince Fox to abandon their stupid exclusivity scheme and join in, I can see it becoming hugely popular for viewing and/or redeeming digital copies.

I don't have a choice but to use them since my wonderful ISP has set up a carrier-grade NAT for my entire condo, so I can't access my Emby server remotely at all (no, even a VPN won't work).