Emby App for iOS 11 Will Not Play Videos

jpitlick

jpitlick

I recently upgrade my iPhone 6s and iPad Air 2 to iOS 11.  I am running version 3.2.33.0 of Emby Server on XPenology DSM 6.0.2.-8451.  The Emby iOS app is version 1.4.4.  When I try to watch a video, the first frame seems to load, but the colored circle just spins and the video does not play.  I have tried this on my WiFi as well as externally.  I get the same result.  I tend to keep the server and iOS versions up to date, so I can't quite pinpoint when this issue started.  I have attached the latest logs when I was attempting to play an episode of American Dad as a test.  I have several Raspberry Pi's that run OSMC/Kodi with the Emby pulg-in and they work flawlessly.  My Transcoding Thread Count is set to Auto.  I have Throttling enabled.  I also tried with Throttling disabled to no avail.

I have an older iPad 4 that I am going to test with.  It is on iOS 10.  That might help narrow down the source of the issue.  Please let me know what other information I can provide.

ffmpeg-remux Log.txt

Server Log.txt

jpitlick

The issue appears to be resolved.  I moved my OpenVPN server from a Raspberry Pi 1(100 Mbps) to my Xpenology box (1 Gbps).  I assume the Raspberry Pi just couldn't keep up with the traffic.  I may test OpenVPN on a Raspberry Pi 3.  Still 100 Mbps, but faster processor.