Emby won't save Mediainformations in NFO-File

skewed_stony
Go to solution Solved by skewed_stony,

skewed_stony

Hi,

i recognize that emby are not saving the mediainformation of new files to the nfo.

I save a new Folder to the Library wthin one file of a movie with the format M2TS.

Emby will save the pictures and a NFO to the folder after it will be scanned.

But in the NFO it will not save the STREAMING Details like the Audioformat and the videoformat as well.

I checked the file and there are all informations in it like the videoformat (1280x720) and the sound (dts 5.1)

Is there any option I have to set in the konfiguration that emby reads the mediainformations of the file and save it into the nfo?

It still works within the version 3.2.30.0 

thx for your support

EDIT: 

Here is my Folder Organisation:

/[Moviename] [Year] BD/moviename-bd.m2ts

Edited by skewed_stony

Hi, thanks for the report. We'll look at this for a future update. While we are here I would just like to point out that for a better experience, we recommend converting to mkv video files. Thanks !

skewed_stony

I tryed out with a mkv version and the result is the same. Metadata is all correct but mediainformations is empty and nothing in the NFO File

skewed_stony

Hi Luke,

here is my Error-Log atteched to this message. 

The File it belongs to is "Gesetz der Rache". I had to renew the file depending on the sound format.

I changed the filename and copy it to a new Folder. After that I deleted driectly the old folder.

The new and the old folder got the same name. I think this will be the problem when I rescanned the library and emby tried to add the new folder and delete the old folder.

So thats my workorder in the past for existing Movies in my Database to replace it to a newer version:

1. I copy the new folder to the library

2. I delete the older existing folder in the library

3. I scanned the library via emby web interface

4. I checked the new entry and add some pictures etc.

5. RESLUT: The old folder is deleted correctly and the new folder within the newer version of the movie got all infos in the nfo.

I attached the nfo of the file that was not filled out with the streaming details.

Hope that U can help me and I had not to go to a past Backup

EmbyErrorLog.txt

Gesetz der Rache-BD.nfo

There's a problem with your ffmpeg build it appears. Go to the server Transcoding page, then make sure you've setup ffmpeg and ffprobe. thanks.

• Solution
skewed_stony

Hi Luke,

I got it! 

It works not with the new ffmpeg 3.3.4 ! There is a problem with ffmprobe as you find out.

I updated emby to 3.2.33 and by that way ffmpeg to 3.3.4 - THAT WAS A MISTAKE!

FFMPEG and FFMPROBE won't be load the audio and video information out of the file. Thats why there are Error Messages in the log file.

So, I installed the older Version 3.3.2 and it works now fine. All data will be correctly in the nfo!

Thx for your support!