Hangs on Welcome ....

breezytm

breezytm

I am beta testing the Emby App at a friend's house and the app is stuck on Welcome. It was working fine with the stable version in the store. It must be something with the beta version. I will be here for a little while if any troubleshooting is needed. I noticed this issue has been reported a few times with no resolution. 

breezytm

Uninstalled beta version. Reinstalled the one from the store and it worked right away. Updated the app from TestFlight same issue. The issue is clearly with the beta version and nothing on my side. 

Probably something specific to connecting to your server.

Would you be willing to add me as a guest user on your server so I can try with my Apple TV and see if I can discover the problem?

Thanks.

Oh - wait - are there any interesting characters in the user name that is trying to connect?

breezytm

Again there aren't any issues with the stable client. I highly doubt the issue is on my end as every time I upgrade it comes back but if I delete and install the older version it works fine. 

No there is no weird character in the username beside the "@" sign. 

Can you log in to other users that don't have an @ in their name?

I was able to login no problem so I do suspect it has something to do with the user name.  Now we just have to figure out where it is falling down in the code...