DLNA

Jasoon

Jasoon

Ive noticed that my amp is now being picked up my MBS as a active connection as DNLA, How do I use DNLA as when I go into my amps DNLA selections its just as if ive connected to my pc not MBS

You are on a dev server but it is important to understand that the DLNA feature we are working on right now is a "Play To" feature, not a browse from one.

So, eventually, you'll be able to play things from MB to your DLNA capable DMRs.  Not browse your library from them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
allen00se

You are on a dev server but it is important to understand that the DLNA feature we are working on right now is a "Play To" feature, not a browse from one.

So, eventually, you'll be able to play things from MB to your DLNA capable DMRs.  Not browse your library from them.

If I use the "Play To" feature to stream a movie to my TV is there a direct connection created between my server and my tv? Or does the movie still stream through whichever device initiated the "Play To"? It would be great if the connection was direct between the TV and server so the device (iphone) could then be used for other things.

Thanks,

Krys

7illusions

It's between server and TV.

The server handels playback and playlist. If you send a whole album to the tv, a sonos device or other dlna player, the server will know when he track finishes and sends down next track in list.

Meanwhile, you can play a game on your iphone. :D

• Like 1

allen00se

Awesome news!! Perfect for a room that doesnt get much traffic where I dont need another media pc. Great work guys (assuming it works, lol)