Live TV now requires Emby Premiere on devices where playback was purchased

coyote

I've been using Emby Server+WMC and the Emby app on iOS since it was released. I have done the one-time payment to unlock playback on my iPhone and iPad. I was able to browse and play Live TV and recordings without issues as of two days ago.

Tonight it was working until I tried to view a recording group. The app logged me out, and when I logged back in, it is now requiring Emby Premiere for any access to Live TV, except for the "continue watching" selections.

This behavior is reproducible on the iPad. Deleted and reinstalled the apps on both, no change, no option to restore the one-time purchase.

I know Live TV was moved into the premier tier, but it was my understanding that devices with a playback purchase made before the change would still have access.

Thanks.

Edited by coyote

what about a regular video file in your library? are you able to restore the purchase for that and play that? thanks.

Ok, so when I tried to play something from my media libraries, it prompts me to restore the playback purchase, and that works to enable playback and access to Live TV. However, when I try to browse any recording group, it kicks me out again and forgets the app was purchased. This happens on my iPhone 7+ and iPad Air 2, both running iOS 11.0.2