Emby close and back to dashboard in Xbox One App

lokize

Guys, I'm not a high tier insider, but I am part of the program. I am still experiencing troublesome playback issues. Same as before, pausing video and in some cases eventual crash to dashboard, during playback.

This happens for all media playback doesn't matter if it is direct or transcoded.

I had high hopes last week when I finally got the insider update, but alas no change.

Guys, I'm not a high tier insider, but I am part of the program. I am still experiencing troublesome playback issues. Same as before, pausing video and in some cases eventual crash to dashboard, during playback.

This happens for all media playback doesn't matter if it is direct or transcoded.

I had high hopes last week when I finally got the insider update, but alas no change.

That's not directly related to what we're discussing though.

CBers

Yup OK, that's what I expected, however I am on insider with the slowest ring, and I'm no longer seeing the problem. So that's good news although who knows how long that will take to roll out.

So once released, will you be able to revert the change so that AC3 isn't remuxed to AAC?

CBers

@@CBers do you have the fall creators update on Xbox yet?

I've not had any updates in the last few days, but I can check again later.

CBers

@@CBers do you have the fall creators update on Xbox yet?

I've not had any updates in the last few days, but I can check again later.

Thanks.

Just downloaded and installed the Creator's Fall update (1710).

I played that MP4/AAC movie from the other day that was failing after 10s and it's playing fine so far, 2 minutes in.

Thank you. That is great news that the fix appears to be available to non-insiders. I will just need to detect the system version to take advantage of it. Thanks.

FrostByte

I have the new Fall update, but the keypad doesn't appear when trying to add the IP manually using Edge.  The store app displays the keypad fine

• Like 1

CBers

Ok. It's already been moved to publishing so you should have it very soon. Thanks.

What is it you want us to test?

@@CBers just test any video in the app that direct plays and ensure it's not crashing the app. basically the same tests as the browser version, except that the app can direct play more formats such as mkv.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Because you didn't follow post #38.

Ahh, was going but misread post #40 and thought you meant it was sent to publishing for public already.  

Edited by FrostByte

@@CBers

@@FrostByte

@@Scott310

An update to the Xbox app is rolling out. Microsoft has resolved a number of playback related issues in the Fall Creators update, and our new app update will take advantage of them. Thanks !