Prioritise Series Recordings

adrianwi

adrianwi

I did have a quick search, but couldn't find anything obvious, so apologies if this has already been asked and answered!

Is there a way to prioritise recordings that have been scheduled as a series?  I have a HDHomeRun Connect, so only 2 tuners, so if some are already been used, or if there are more than 2 programmes scheduled to record I'd like to be able to prioritise which ones it chooses to record over the ones it doesn't.  Pretty sure I had 2 clash today when I was using 1 tuner for Live TV and I don't think it recorded either?

Thanks

• Like 2

maegibbons

There currently is no priority.  Whichever recording fires 1st will grab the Tuner.  If Live TV is in progress the recording will also fail (unless the recording is of the same channel)  if the other tuner is not available.

Krs

Mark

Edited by maegibbons
  • Like 1

This is planned for the future.

To answer your next question - this type of thing touches every part of the system so it won't be next week :).

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi EBR Has there been any progress on this request to prioritize recordings? I know it is a big undertake along with recording conflicts for DVR... any tentative dates or a page you can link that gives a project road map? Thanks for your time.

I solved this by having 8 tuners available.

Sounds more like a work around than a resolution.... thanks for the info. 

I currently have a Homerun Prime (3 tuner) that I use for Emby and a Ceton 6 and Ceton 4 tuner that I use with MCE as I would love to dump the MCE PC but until Emby comes up to speed to recording conflicts I can't, the wife would kill me if a priority show did not record.

I am also looking at ServerMCE plugin to hopefully use available tuners from MCE for Emby and yes that would temporarily solve my problem but have not had time to get it fully working. I can see directories/files that have been recorded but not yet have using available turners working.

Sounds more like a work around than a resolution.... thanks for the info.

I currently have a Homerun Prime (3 tuner) that I use for Emby and a Ceton 6 and Ceton 4 tuner that I use with MCE as I would love to dump the MCE PC but until Emby comes up to speed to recording conflicts I can't, the wife would kill me if a priority show did not record.

I am also looking at ServerMCE plugin to hopefully use available tuners from MCE for Emby and yes that would temporarily solve my problem but have not had time to get it fully working. I can see directories/files that have been recorded but not yet have using available turners working.

You have 13 tuners and still have conflicts?

ServerWMC works but not as well as the native Emby DVR IMHO. I used to use ServerWMC until about last March when an Emby Update partially broke it.

I don't have CableCARD tuners any longer and now use Premium TV from SiliconDust.

WMC is still better in many ways but I'm fully migrated to Emby DVR now. I haven't missed a recording yet and our schedule is pretty full. So far the WAF is about 6 or 7 on a scale of 10.

@@Luke and @@ebr get it to 10! LOL

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

We don't have priority management yet but we will use all available tuners.

Emby does this now, right? I mean with 8 tuners across two Connect Quatro devices I'm not having issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk