Emby shows new latest videos but folder is empty

icsy7867

icsy7867

Hey everyone,

I am a bit new to emby (I have been running happily on plex until recently), I have heard a lot about you guys and thought i would try it out.

I am currently running emby on a FreeBSD jail and everything appears to be working as intended except for one of my video folders.

I have added a single point of storage which contains some personal pictures and videos.  

I see "Latest Photos" & "Latest Videos" which both display thumbnails and work when clicked (as intended!).

I also have blue squares at the top that say: "Photos" & "Videos".  When I click "Photos" it takes me into the folder and displays all the photos.

When I click the "Videos" blue square, the page is blank.  I know it's not a permission issue because the "Latest Videos" plays and loads just fine.  So I am at a bit of a loss and looking for some guidance.

Thanks!

icsy7867

Hi, so you're saying you've added the same folder twice with two different content types?

Nope, One is "Photos" one is "Videos".  Separate content types.

icsy7867

I think I have it working now.  I changed the type from "Movie" to "Home Photos and Videos" and this for whatever reason picked it right up without issue.  My only complain is that this directory over 1000 pictures in it, so if I want to see a specific video it might be hard to find.

Ok, that's something that i think we can improve at the UI level rather than having you add two separate libraries with the same folder.