[SOLVED] Playback of SOME movies fails

bolderbast
Go to solution Solved by bolderbast,

bolderbast

Hi,

Just recently discovered Emby and I very much like the software!

However, I have a problem playing some of the movies using the latest stable Emby plugin. The error message is: Emby error. Please check the logs.

Some other movies play fine.

The failing movies play fine in the Web client and the Android app. They only fail with the Kodi addon.

Kodi log is attached. I can't make sense of it. Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance!

kodi.log

Edited by bolderbast

xnappo

Do you have transcoding turned on on purpose?  It looks like an error with transcoding, but maybe you just need to turn it off in settings.

@@xnappo and @@Angelblue05, the audio urls don't look right, notice the trailing slash and absence of query string params

https://*****:8920/emby/Audio/034911ba5cb509b5f3134743cf216a2e/

However this log does not appear to contain any attempts to play a video.

bolderbast

Sure, here is the server log. I removed sensitive info (servename, IP's, certificate password, etc.)

Kodi gives the same error with transcoding tuned off.

Hope this helps!

To be more precise, Kodi gives the same error when I set it to 100Mbit, so it should not transcode then. I have also tried with transcoding to the Android App, and that works flawlessly.

To me, thats sounds like it's not a transcoding issue. But I'm jus a user here. So I might be wrong ofcourse. :-)

bolderbast

Here are the two logs again.

First I played "2 Guns", successfully

Then I tried to play "Wonder Woman", but failed

In the Kodi Log, I see both (191 and line 322)

I see "2 Guns" in the server logs (line 836), but I don't see "Wonder Woman".

Suggests to me that de Kodi plugin encounters an error before sending the "play" command to the server?

kodi.log

server-63643087799.txt

I'm not sure how much of an impact this is causing but i notice your system is running the mono 5.0 runtime. We only officially support up to 4.8.1. Are you able to roll that back?

What distro are you running?

bolderbast

I'm not sure how much of an impact this is causing but i notice your system is running the mono 5.0 runtime. We only officially support up to 4.8.1. Are you able to roll that back?

What distro are you running?

I think you are referring to the server? It is Arch Linux. Will roll back and test. I'll report the outcome.

bolderbast

@@bolderbast

Version 2.3.53 is on the way which should correct this.

Good to hear, thanks! :-)

I checked the Beta repository, but I could not find a newer version there. If you need/want me to test, I'd be more than happy to do so!

Edited by bolderbast

Angelblue05

It is there. Force it to look for updates by opening the side menu > check for update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bolderbast

It is there. Force it to look for updates by opening the side menu > check for update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I see now. I was troubleshooting this issue and decided to rescan my entire library on the Emby Server. Will take a while. I'll test in about 10 hours (have to go to this something they call "work"... ;-) )

I'll report back once I tested. Thanks.