Trakt Plugin sync watched state from Emby to trakt.tv

b0mb

Hi!

How can I sync a watched state from Emby to trakt using the Plugin? It works fine from trakt to Emby but how to vice-versa?

Thx in advance!

b0mb

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

What have you tried?

I think there is not much to try. I've told meanwhile to other Emby users and they agree with me. ;-)

So if I have a series with two seasons and the first season was watched with Emby while I wasn't connected to the internet Emby trakt Plugin does only sync the series itself to my collection on trakt but wouldn't tag it as watched on trakt.

Edited by b0mb

What do you mean not much to try? You couldn't figure out how to do it?

It is as I wrote. And in the Plugin there isn't really something to configure. The sync only works for single episodes when being watched or from trakt to Emby but not back. In the trakt addon for Kodi both methods are working.... ;-)

What do you mean only works? What I'm asking is that you not reply with "as I wrote", and instead provide some details and explanation. Thanks.

Excuse me but everything that needs to be told is written in my first post ;-)

The problem is present as i wrote....

Dunno what more to say.... Other ppl do have the same problem and it's not really new.... It's no problem to reproduce this ;-)

Edited by b0mb

You still haven't stated what you tried to do. Did you click on something and have a problem? Or did you not click on anything because you couldn't find it? Thanks.

OK

This is what's written @ the option for syncing from Emby to trakt...

By default, watched status will be synchronized. This changes it so that emby just copies the status of trakt, and the only time data watched status is changed on trakt is when a video just finished playing (just scrobbles, no history changes).

So maybe I don't understand but if I season or whatever is marked as watched in Emby and I synchronize with trakt the watched status should be the same on birth sides after syncing is finished.

Or am I wrong? :o

d5edfe4f95a20b74938370bf5c5ea0ed.jpg

Edited by b0mb

aptalca

Came here to report the same.

First of all, that second setting "Update watched history on Trakt" is very confusing. The title of the setting makes me think that enabling it would update historic watched items (non-scrobble) on trakt, but the description makes me believe the opposite: "This changes it so that emby just copies the status of trakt, and the only time data watched status is changed on trakt is when a video just finished playing (just scrobbles, no history changes)." Not sure which is correct.

Anyway, I initiated sync with that option turned on and off, and my history is not synced with trakt. It used to in the past, but lately (weeks or months, not sure) none of the items manually marked as watched are marked on trakt.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Our Trakt plugin has been updated to 3.1.2. Due to Trakt API changes, you will need to install the update, and then re-authenticate using the trakt plugin configuration screen.

In addition, there are improvements to the Trakt syncing process. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !