High CPU in build 3.2.33.0

nvader2000

nvader2000

CPU jumping around 90-98% on a single stream when playing from Xbox One S. Also noticed "Audio codec not supported. Media bit rate exceeds limit" when playing movies on the Xbox Ones S.

Please advise.

nvader2000
CPU jumping around 90-98% on a single stream when playing from Xbox One S. Also noticed "Audio codec not supported. Media bit rate exceeds limit" when playing movies on the Xbox Ones S.

Please advise.

marcinsko

Yah I go the same issues on the same config XB1 and NAS, one stream even without transcoding, CPU jumping to 99%.

marcinsko

I have an even worst issue, when I open Emby and browse movie on laptop win 10 the same things happened it nearly kills my Synology NAS, it was not an issue on the previous version.

Log attached

marcinsko

Ok a bit more description, on laptop/xbox, it is spike in CPU to 99% when opening ET, but after a 20-30 sec it is going down if I do not click anything. When I play some h.264 on (screenshot attached) it is going not bad as stream got cpu to 45% max (I don't have powerful nas it is ds114). But video is smooth, subtitles works so seem to be OK. However when I start browsing before cpu get of 99% it is crushing everything (nas, and emby on laptop/xbox) it just freezes.

Maybe  it is OK, but on elder version was a bit less power hungry.

Oopss, I did not click one button. Sorry.

Try removing these plugins:

Auto Box Sets 1.1.1.0
CoverArt 4.0.55.0

Additionally you have tons of these kinds of entries in your log, so it looks like you have some permissions problems to work out;

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/volume1/family/EmbyBackup' is denied.

marcinsko

Thx, yeah I forgot to give permission. I will fix it and remove plugins, and will be back tomorrow with some review. Cheers

marcinsko

Ok seems to be much better know, logs attached. However I have found funny stuff the same move (sherpa) h.264 codec, use the same laptop, Ember playing it without any problems (however does not want to turn off subtitles when on), Emy theater deas does not want to play it at all, only showing a nice picture from Himalaya  ;-).

In general, in reckon Ember is much faster and smoother. I bought it and do not regrate to much.

Cheers