Instructions to build netcore version from source

xp-1000

xp-1000

Hi emby team,

Thanks for your work it is a fantastic software.

I began by use plex for mediacenter, then I discovered emby and move little by little to emby even if both are still run.

I am on Archlinux and the most important problem to totally migrate to emby and finally drop plex is the mono requirement.

Not a criticism I understand your choice of c# for multi os support  among others and may be it works fine on windows but mono on linux is not perfect :)

I just noticed you released a netcore version of emby for 3.2.33.3 (and before but I never seen this until now).

A very very good news in my situation and , in my humble opinion, a very good idea for performance and stability (at least on linux), so thank you very much.

Of course I would like to test but I did not seen any build instruction (may be I miss it).

If you can give me instruction, I could create a PKGBUILD on AUR, may be other archlinux users could be interested.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by xp-1000

Hi, we are currently not publishing the build process for it, but don't worry, we will be doing .net core-based packages for all of the popular distros. Thanks.

xp-1000

Awesome ! Thanks for you quick answer.

Don't hesitate if you need help for (arch)linux support.

I'm looking forward to test this version :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi here,

I come to news :)

Just seen you addad a new bootstrap script which seems install the netcore version on popular distributions.

Sadly for me, I use Archlinux and so I installed this package :

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/?name=emby-server

But it still uses mono dependencies that I would like to drop.

I understand you have no time to deal with all linux distributions but may be can I help you and make a PKGBUILD to support this distrubution (imho popular enough)

Thanks

• 1 year later...
Paracusia

any news on the build process? Still not published? I wonder why its not pusblished, because the source is on github as well

• 2 months later...
TheGreatCO

Is the 4.0 source ever going to be available? I would like to fix the bugs I run into, if possible.

Not at this time, sorry, but if you create issue reports we will be happy to look at them. Thanks.