Migrate from Kodi Mysql to Emby

tchirou

tchirou

Hello Guys

Sorry in advance if the answer to my question is somewhere but I searched and couldn't find it.

My current setup is :

- SPMC 16.4.2 on nvidia shield tv and amazon fire sticks 2.

- a Sony audio system (hence the use of SPMC to get full passtrough on the shield instead of Kodi + some tricks)

- The SPMC library is a Mysql DB on a synology NAS (DS414j)

- All media content is on the NAS

I hope to get fiber optic instead of DSL soon, so I am doing research to find a way to have one library, accessible locally with SPMC and remotely with Emby iOS and windows apps

What I am not sure about is how to migrate my library DB. I would like to keep all the watched status.

I am thinking the following :

- exporting the current state of the library to local nfos with the "export library" feature in SPMC settings

- Shutdown SPMC. Remove the mysql access frm the advancedsettings.xml. Starting SPMC and importing the library in the local DB with the "import library" feature in SPMC settings

- setting up the emby server on the NAS with no library path ? 

- installing the emby kodi add-on and having it import the local SPMC library DB in Emby ? (is there such a thing) ?

Are these valid steps or Am I going in the wrong direction ? I never used emby so it is theoretical at this point

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Edited by tchirou

Angelblue05

@@Luke

Can you let us know what is the best way to import watch status into Emby since Trakt is broken for the full import? Will the server make use of the watched status in the nfos? I don't want to give bad information.

• Like 1

Correct that means options are limited to manual toggle at this point. Hopefully the trakt plugin can get fixed up soon. Thanks.

Angelblue05

What I am not sure about is how to migrate my library DB. I would like to keep all the watched status.

I am thinking the following :

- exporting the current state of the library to local nfos with the "export library" feature in SPMC settings

- Shutdown SPMC. Remove the mysql access frm the advancedsettings.xml. Starting SPMC and importing the library in the local DB with the "import library" feature in SPMC settings

- setting up the emby server on the NAS with no library path ? 

- installing the emby kodi add-on and having it import the local SPMC library DB in Emby ? (is there such a thing) ?

Are these valid steps or Am I going in the wrong direction ? I never used emby so it is theoretical at this point

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Ok, well it seems there's no solution atm to import watched status. The server will not read the watched status flag from nfos.

For the rest, yes you have to remove mysql access from advancedsettings.xml. You setup your emby server with your libraries (you'll see when you add them, you can also add the network path). Once you are happy with your setup, and setting up your watched status manually, you can install emby for kodi and it will import your emby database into kodi. Essentially, MYSQL is replaced by your Emby server.

Wiki here (the image at the top of the wiki is a link to the youtube video...slightly outdated but still gives you a general idea): https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki

If all your kodi devices run the same version, you can backup your first kodi setup and restore to other instances: https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/wiki/Create-and-restore-from-backup

Edited by Angelblue05

tchirou

Hello

Thanks for your input. I setup today the emby server on my DS414j NAS but it is too damn slow. It is a not powerful NAS so I guess it is not emby's fault.

I think I am going to install Plex Media server on my shield and sync with Kodi through trakt.tv

I will keep an eye out for an emby server for the shield.

Thanks for all your help !

paulsalter

I thought Trakt was broken the other way, manually mark something as watched in Emby and it never gets sent to Trakt

Importing played data from Trakt (for me anyway) is still working as expected

I have added numerous shows recently which i have previously watched, the watched flag gets pulled from Trakt without issues

Edited by paulsalter
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

I thought Trakt was broken the other way, manually mark something as watched in Emby and it never gets sent to Trakt

Importing played data from Trakt (for me anyway) is still working as expected

I have added numerous shows recently which i have previously watched, the watched flag gets pulled from Trakt without issues

You are chosen, then. Because here, still nothing. Only scrobble works. Manually marking as watched and importing watched status does not work for me (and more according to the trakt thread in the plugin section).

Edit: I am retesting right now.

Edit 2: You are right, importing from Trakt is working. Thank you for posting. So only marking stuff as watched manually is not working then. I wonder if exporting to Trakt works?

Edit 3: Exporting to trakt doesn't work. @@paulsalter what about you? I removed an episode from history, which is still marked as watched in emby. Hit the scheduled task export to trakt and the episode is still unwatched in trakt.

@@tchirou

Importing your watched status from trakt to emby does work if you want to go that route. Apologies for communicating the wrong information.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

paulsalter

You are chosen, then. Because here, still nothing. Only scrobble works. Manually marking as watched and importing watched status does not work for me (and more according to the trakt thread in the plugin section).

Edit: I am retesting right now.

Edit 2: You are right, importing from Trakt is working. Thank you for posting. So only marking stuff as watched manually is not working then. I wonder if exporting to Trakt works?

Edit 3: Exporting to trakt doesn't work. @@paulsalter what about you? I removed an episode from history, which is still marked as watched in emby. Hit the scheduled task export to trakt and the episode is still unwatched in trakt.

@@tchirou

Importing your watched status from trakt to emby does work if you want to go that route. Apologies for communicating the wrong information.

Your Edit 3 is the issue i have

If something is flagged as watched in Emby, the scheduled export will not send this to Trakt, it remains unwatched on there, the only way something gets marked as watched is after i view it

For me, the way i get around this is i mark something as watched on the Trakt side, then this gets pulled into Emby at the next sync

Agree on your last comment, i would go the Trakt route of sending it all from Kodi first, then install the Trakt plugin in Emby and pull the data down

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
tchirou

Hi Guys

A follow-up

So here is what I did.

I scanned all my folders to build my emby database. And then I used Trakt for Emby to import my watched status into Emby.

I reseted Kodi and installed Emby for Kodi and trakt for Kodi for the dayly use as I understand Trakt for Emby is a little buggy right now

Thanks everyone for your input

Edited by tchirou
  • Like 1