Can I bookmark a filtered list?

harrv
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I'm not sure if this is a web app question or an Emby server question. I've found that the easiest way for me to keep track of movies I haven't seen yet and want to watch is to mark them as Favorite. Then, I can go to the full Movies library list, and filter on Favorites and Unplayed.

(As an aside, I know that I could create a playlist to keep track of them, but it's more work to add a movie to a playlist than just clicking on the heart icon, plus I then would need to remove it from the playlist after I watch it. With this method, because I am filtering both on Favorites and Unplayed, movies that I watch automatically drop off my list.)

This evening, I tried to bookmark the filtered list of movies that I'd like to watch. But the URL doesn't include the filter information, so of course when I followed the link I got the full list of movies in my library, not the filtered list. That's not a huge deal--it's only four clicks to filter the list again, but I thought I'd ask if it's possible to create a bookmark to my filtered list. I guess for that to work, there would need to be query params on the URL that contain the filter details, and I doubt that exists or it would probably already be present in the bookmark when I tried it, but figured it was worth asking about.

Edited by harrv

• Solution

Hi, no, but we are planning on having a smart playlist feature in the future which could be filter driven.

• Like 1

Hi, no, but we are planning on having a smart playlist feature in the future which could be filter driven.

Thanks for your reply. That sounds like it would do the trick and would be pretty useful! I was hoping for something like that, but didn't want to ask for it in the same post as my URL question. :) I will keep an eye out for it in the future.