full transcode happening when watching Hdhomerun Extend

nagle3092

nagle3092

If you're referring to the server remote bitrate setting, then you also need to be out of network for that to be used.

What I have been referring to is the in-app quality setting.

I have been referring to the internet streaming bitrate setting, I am accessing my server remotely right now.

nagle3092

Ok please attach a log file to an example, thanks.

Here you go, it actually worked as expected twice using the mobile profile on the hdhomerun. Then closing the app on the phone and reopening caused it to not work correctly. It would use the heavy profile on the hdhr and then ffmpeg to transcode it further instead of just using the mobile profile. Edited by nagle3092

nagle3092

Ok, I think I see why. Please try again with the next release of Emby Server. Thanks.

Sure thing, thank you for all your help!

tdiguy

This thread has me curious.I will have to see what the capabilities are for the hdhomerun prime. I doubt that the little android app i have on my old galaxy s5 is doing any transcoding for the hdhomerun to playback live tv without an issue.

This thread has me curious.I will have to see what the capabilities are for the hdhomerun prime. I doubt that the little android app i have on my old galaxy s5 is doing any transcoding for the hdhomerun to playback live tv without an issue.

Don't you mean the Extend? The Prime is a pretty old model now, right?

tdiguy

Prime is mostly just different flavor. The extend is for use with a OTA antena, prime connect right to the cable with a cable card. Very handy when you live in an area with lousy reception.

tdiguy

Sorry more to your point luke, the hdhomerun prime is still a production unit along with the extend. I bought the one i have just before i subscribed to emby ( 3 months or 4 months ago i think ) and the last firmware silicon valley put out for it was the end of september.