HDHOMERUN PRIME LATEST FIRMWARE

pir8radio

pir8radio

anyone having an issue with the latest hdhomerun firmware.   All I get is a spinning circle in emby, the only thing I think that changed was updating the tuners.  firmware 9-30-17

59d464af597df_Capture.png

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Ill PM you my log...   Some additional info, it consumes a tuner and wont let go of it, the log shows "Error seeking stream"  Does this even on the local browser running on the emby server, so doubt its connection related.    Tuner works fine with their viewer app.     Let me know what you think.  Thanks.

maegibbons

I updated my UK connect yesterday and all recordings worked as expected last night.

Krs

Mark

arasquinha

mine too. it just spins. the dashboard doesnt show that its trying to play. if someone can tell me how to roll it back I can give it a shot.

maegibbons

mine too. it just spins. the dashboard doesnt show that its trying to play. if someone can tell me how to roll it back I can give it a shot.

Is yours a prime too?

arasquinha

mine is the original hdhomerun. i have never gotten it to work. it just spins forever. 

anyway if you want to roll back the firmware apparently this is the command

hdhomerun_config --help
Usage:
hdhomerun_config discover
hdhomerun_config <id> get help
hdhomerun_config <id> get <item>
hdhomerun_config <id> set <item> <value>
hdhomerun_config <id> scan <tuner> [<filename>]
hdhomerun_config <id> save <tuner> <filename>
hdhomerun_config <id> upgrade <filename>

So you would use the last example. For <id> you can use FFFFFFFF if there is only one device on the network.

maegibbons

Sounds nasty.

Did you re-detect your channels or did you just loose the channels straight away?

I upgraded but did not re-detect and mine are all still there.

Krs

Mark

• Like 1

blade005

I accidentally updated my Connect last night from 0815 to 0930 and have about 25% less channels and no HD ones Didnt even realise you could update the firmware from the Apple TV Channels app until I'd clicked the button.

Crazy that you can't roll it back too. Have logged a support ticket but they're not the most responsive. Good job I haven't cut the cord!

I updated three (3) HDHomeRun Connect devices to firmware 20170930 without any issues using OTA antenna and channels. All channels still there and no issues playing back LIVE TV with ET Desktop, Android App and WebUI. No issues with Recordings. (NOTE: I did not re-detect channels. Just updated firmware, devices rebooted and all channels were still there.)

Edited by blade005

adrianwi

I don't know whether its related to rescanning the channels, but I did that, so if you didn't and everything still works I'd leave it that way!

Mine is sat behind the TV stand and the aerial on the roof plugged directly in.  I never had any issue with HD channels on my TV, or from the Connect with the previous firmware (although it had been an issue with earlier firmware updates)

I must have rescanned the channels over 10 times and each time it seems to find a different total number.  That seems a little strange to me, but I can't pretend to know how a TV tuner works!

pir8radio

It sounds like mostly there are no issues?  So maybe this is something else, @@Luke Did my log show you anything useful?

I was close to cutting the cord, good thing I didn't yet, but I gots no live tv right now via emby.

Edited by pir8radio

Guest asrequested

It sounds like mostly there are no issues?  So maybe this is something else, @@Luke Did my log show you anything useful?

I was close to cutting the cord, good thing I didn't yet, but I gots no live tv right now via emby.

Did it auto-update or did you download and install?  If it were me, I'd download the upgrade .exe and run it again. It may not have installed correctly.

pir8radio

I just manually upgraded, and all is well

Thanks everyone, Ill keep digging....    Must be on my end, SiliconDust reports only one issue with this firmware, related to some NAS device.

revengineer

To resolve pixelation on some HD channels transmitted over wifi, I upgraded my cablecard HDHR with 2015 firmware first to 20170815 and a week later to 20170930 firmware. To my surprise there were no issues with either upgrade; no loss of channels and still works with emby.

iamspartacus

I can report one issue I noticed since the firmware upgrade.  While I have no issues with the Android Mobile or Web apps, on my Android TV (Shield), at the top of there guide are a bunch of channels that are out of order that I have to scroll down past in order to get to the beginning of my regular channel lineup.  Re-scanning the channels and deleting/re-adding the HDHR to Emby had no effect.

maegibbons

Check the ... (three button menu) at the top of the guide and see if you are putting favourites at the top or have some other sorting/filtering specified inadvertently.

Sometimes this causes issues.

Krs

Mark

iamspartacus

Check the ... (three button menu) at the top of the guide and see if you are putting favourites at the top or have some other sorting/filtering specified inadvertently.

Sometimes this causes issues.

Krs

Mark

Is this app specific because I have no such issues on my other devices?

Edited by iamspartacus

maegibbons

It applies to all apps.  May be unrelated but just worth checking in web app.

Krs

Mark

iamspartacus

It applies to all apps.  May be unrelated but just worth checking in web app.

Krs

Mark

Funny enough, I DO have the "put favorites at the top" enabled yet in the web app and Android Mobile guide it doesn't actually do that which is why I didn't understand it.  But in Android TV it does put the favorites at the top.  Strange.