ApiClient; QueryStringDictionary.cs; Please fix GetEncodedValue()

Sludge Vohaul

Sludge Vohaul

Hi,

the current "functionality" of the method QueryStringDictionary.GetEncodedValue() leads to errors if reserved characters (&, ?, /,..) are used in the string value.
I think the method body should be
return WebUtility.UrlEncode(value);

Please submit a pull request. Just FYI, there is no longer an Emby app using this library and therefore our time that we can spend on it is very limited. Thanks.

Sludge Vohaul

Hi,

does this mean that one should get away from the whole Emby.ApiClient namespace?

If so, it's not worth it to fix something which probably never caused problems to anyone (except me) so far.

What's the Emby alternative in this case (besides reinventing all the HTTP stuff from scratch in c#)?

Edited by Sludge Vohaul

7illusions Ember app is using this library. I will pitch in for things like major api changes and catastrophic problems, but that query string stuff you mentioned has always been fine in the past. Small api changes are where this is likely to fall behind. In a perfect world I would like to keep a working c# lib, but it is hard to dedicate the time.

In UWP, c# can call javascript, so if you are targeting UWP then the JS version would be my suggestion.

Sludge Vohaul

No, UWP is not on my list :)

Thanks for the info, I'll then build my own ApiClient, with Blackjack. And Hoo<snip>