Is More Control Coming?

Sammy

Sammy

I like the skill, more importantly the opportunities of the skill. I have read the How to use Emby with Alexa Thread but am wondering if more control is possible. I tried Movies and TV but nothing happened. I just want to look at the list of movies on the screen without having to know what's in the list beforehand.. Something like, "Alexa, tell Emby to switch to movies" then "Favorites" and then I can look then select one such as "Play Alien Covenant."

Possible? 

In the works?

Already doable but I just don't' know how to do it?

TIA.

Angelblue05

Yes. In the FAQ here > navigation: You'd say something like display the library movies. But there's a lot more improvements in beta. I just need to resolve movies with the same titles to allow you to select the version.

Navigation

You can navigate your interface by saying the movement or action related to what you want to do. The list is quite large, if something is missing, let me know.

Alexa, tell Emby to move up
Alexa, ask Emby to go home
Alexa, tell Emby to go to the next letter
Alexa, start Emby. / Show the context menu
Display the library {Name}
Display Silicon Valley season 2 episode 2
Show me the movie Lego Batman

Angelblue05

No. Because of the way Alexa detects things, you have to say the type (library) before whatever name/title (movies). Otherwise, it will look for the movie named library.

Sammy

So..

"Alexa, start Emby"

"Alexa, display the Library Movies"

"Alexa, display the Library Favorites" (is this one possible?)

Angelblue05

Try and report back. It's a list of preset words I made, I can adjust it add more terms if Alexa gives difficulty with them. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the skill, more importantly the opportunities of the skill. I have read the How to use Emby with Alexa Thread but am wondering if more control is possible. I tried Movies and TV but nothing happened. I just want to look at the list of movies on the screen without having to know what's in the list beforehand.. Something like, "Alexa, tell Emby to switch to movies" then "Favorites" and then I can look then select one such as "Play Alien Covenant."

Possible? 

In the works?

Already doable but I just don't' know how to do it?

Does Alexa work with fast forward and rewind?