[Shield TV]Adjust what is displayed on the home screen?

Ponyo

Hi,

I was wondering whether its possible to adjust what gets shown on the Shield TV home screen (not the Emby app home/main screen). Looks like it is showing some next up items but also some random content including stuff I already watched.

Would it be possible to limit what is shown on the home screen to next up and new content?

BAlGaInTl

This bugs me as well... you can control what shows up in recommendations...

Go to

Settings > Preferences > Home Screen > Customize Recommendations

There you can turn off apps that you don't like giving you recommendations.

As far as controlling what Emby sends to it, I'm not sure that's available yet.  I'll have to check later tonight.

Gilgamesh_48

Yes it bugged me too. I only want to see apps and then only the apps I use.

I fixed it pretty much for me by turning off every app in the suggestions row and I moved the apps I use to the first positions in the apps row.

There is still an empty row on the screen where suggestions go but it is empty. 

I really do not like it when machines make suggestions. 

But that is good for me and maybe not for others. At least the Shield gives us choices. Choice is good.

It will show latest items but also show some suggestions using our suggestions engine.

Are there any plans to make this user configurable? Only having unwatched content would be best imho.

BAlGaInTl

Are there any plans to make this user configurable? Only having unwatched content would be best imho.

I think that some more options would be great, but understand it's probably a lower priority.  I wonder if there is a feature request for this.  Have you looked?

Personally, I would like it to only show new Unwatched Recorded TV for example.  Seems that to start it could be a simple library toggle where you could choose whether or not a library is displayed in the recommendations.

• Like 1