No Fast Forward or Rewind

catso

Running Emby Version 3.2.32.0

My files are mainly mkv

Running Emby for Media Center on a number of machines

Fast Forward and Rewind have stopped working not sure if it was after i switched on premier or not.

If have read many posts and have tried refreshing the mediainfo

There was a thread mentioned setting paths but i couldnt find the actual thread that discussed the paths

hi @@catso, what's happening is it is streaming through emby server:

2017-10-02 07:28:44.2723,Info,,Internal Player about to play 1 - The Holy Trinity(http://192.168.0.112:8096/emby/videos/faf42d70df8936190e4dacdd0b23914e/stream.asf?DeviceId=198dad94debe438abe4c92527c46bbf3&MediaSourceId=faf42d70df8936190e4dacdd0b23914e&VideoCodec=msmpeg4&AudioCodec=wmav2&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=29872000&AudioBitrate=128000&MaxAudioChannels=2&api_key=bfb5731ac6354242a95c74cdbcc5b52c&CopyTimestamps=false&ForceLiveStream=false) ,1,Application

Since WMC has limited streaming capabilities, this results in sub-par playback. What you need to do is configure your server libraries so that the machine running Emby for WMC can directly access the files over your network. If you do that then this issue will go away.

@@Teddy in case you have any wmc tips

I have my media data on a NAS and used the Mapped drive on the server instead of the NAS  network address, once i changed that it started working......    :)  

@@catso, we highly discourage using windows mapped drives. windows will disconnect them when the drives idle and emby server will not be able to connect to them. inevitably you will just end up coming back here telling us that something isn't working.

I would use the original network address in emby server.

jachin99

I'll chime in here, I've found that turning power management features off in windows usually goes a long way.  My server never sleeps, and when I am able I'm going to build a dedicated media player PC so that all it does is serve files.