Folder view option

Deadpool1985

Deadpool1985

I would like to have an option to browse by folders like Plex has, I have setup my collection in a way that all movie collections are in separate folders like all Star Wars movies for instance and I know I can add collections but I prefer the structure I created and would like to be able to access it. So under views there would be an option "Folders" and it can show posters of the movies still but in my own structure.

• Like 2

randomevents

Great request. I do rough genres folders, and putting a folder in a collection doesn't quite work as it's another level of clicks (I plan with kids in mind). The folder "library" is great though, but we don't have a option to rename it.

Edited by randomevents

randomevents

I think it'd be useful for the folder options to be up on the top bar when selecting a library next to Collections and Genre (and the option to set it as a landing screen when entering library). The Folder "Library" view, while useful (and respects library access permissions) is a step back when navigating.

Deadpool1985

Hi.  Have you explored the Library->Display settings...?

That has nothing to do with what I am looking for, I have seen that before, just would like to have a straight windows folder view inside of Emby to sum it up.

Gilgamesh_48

I could be wrong but but I think this already exists as requested. Under Windows I have a folder view option at the same level as all the libraries and collections.

You enable it in the settings under Library/display.

It works fine for me.

If that, once enabled, is not what you are looking for then I fail to understand what kind of folder view you could want.

Edited by Gilgamesh_48

Happy2Play

To me it is already folder view when viewing that opton.  So what is your definitions of this view?  Loose all the presentation? Just show a list of files in the folder? 

randomevents

To me it is already folder view when viewing that opton.  So what is your definitions of this view?  Loose all the presentation? Just show a list of files in the folder? 

Set it as a landing screen option when entering library and as a selectable option like collection and genre

Gilgamesh_48

Set it as a landing screen option when entering library and as a selectable option like collection and genre

That is exactly what you have with the current folder view. It is exactly at the same level as the libraries and collections.

Happy2Play

Luke already feels there are to many tabs already on Movies and TV.  So the odds are slime.

Gilgamesh_48

I think I understand now. You want in inside of a library. I think that would be redundant as the current folder view fills that need just fine to me.

randomevents

Luke already feels there are to many tabs already on Movies and TV.  So the odds are slime.

I'm looking at the web code on github now, and will just make a new theme once I get familiar with it. The folder request is nice, but the UI really needs to be tightened up (not the admin UI, that's great).

randomevents

I think I understand now. You want in inside of a library. I think that would be redundant as the current folder view fills that need just fine to me.

I understand his request, Collections are kind of a mess, and the genre screen is kind of useless (it should be one poster\thumb and then you click into the selection like everything else).

randomevents

Technically Unset/mixed Libraries give you Folder View also.

I need to make a test scenario for that, I couldn't tell what it was actually for (couldn't find anything in the wiki).

randomevents

Here is an example of how Plex does it:

They actually do it in a better way (Folders can have posters), it's just not where you want it.

Deadpool1985

I still can't find where to even turn that kind of an option on, or is it only available is the server manager? Cause that helps nothing.

Happy2Play

Here is an example of how Plex does it:

59cee617c4557_20170929_193129.jpg

If you used "Unset content type" for that library that is the view you wlll get.

Happy2Play

I still can't find where to even turn that kind of an option on, or is it only available is the server manager? Cause that helps nothing.

The view ebr suggested is an option in Display.  Dashboard-Library-Display tab at top-Display a folder view to show plain media folders

Happy2Play

Only issue others have commented on is collection folders always sorted first.

• 6 months later...
jnrfalcon

Hi.  Have you explored the Library->Display settings...?

That used to work until today that I found it is not anymore. The subfolders inside each main folder are gone.