Export NFO Files For Kodi w/ Full Paths to Image Files?

osak00006

osak00006

Hi Guys,

In the past, I've tried to export NFO files as a backup for local nfo files and for portabability. Unfortunately, Emby NFO files contained Emby paths to the artwork files. As a result, there is no artwork in Kodi, when these are scanned, as Kodi can't interpret the Emby paths to imagery. 

Is it possible to disable Emby paths for NFO files, essentially exporting the full path to the image -- either local or web based? Which is to say, whatever correct formatting of /folder/imagename.jpg and http://themoviedb.org/imagepath.jpg?

Thanks!

osak00006

Hmmmm. Looks like I'm not experiencing the problem, anymore. I don't see any image paths in the NFO file, anymore. I'll test some more and report back. Thanks!

osak00006

What do you mean disable emby paths?

Is it possible to have Emby export the library to media folders, retroactively? Which is to say, the equivalent of a full Library Export to local folders? Currently, I don't know how to do it on a new movie/TV show being scanned in. My library is too big and too customized to start from scratch... 

osak00006

What do you mean disable emby paths?

Sorry for the surge of posts. So I just tested scanning a movie that has Emby exported metadata/images. The metadata works, the fanart works, but it doesn't scan in the poster for some reason. All Emby generated content doesn't get posters, in Kodi. That's my problem

osak00006

Sorry for the surge of posts. So I just tested scanning a movie that has Emby exported metadata/images. The metadata works, the fanart works, but it doesn't scan in the poster for some reason. All Emby generated content doesn't get posters, in Kodi. That's my problem

Oddly, if I delete the NFO file, but keep the Emby generated fanart.jpg and poster.jpg, then the images scan fine. 

osak00006

If you can find out why kodi doesn't like the image path in the nfo, then we can look at making changes. thanks.

Thanks. I'll post on Kodi forums and report back

• 3 months later...
osak00006

If you can find out why kodi doesn't like the image path in the nfo, then we can look at making changes. thanks.

So after some testing, the most flexible functionality across all use cases would be to get rid of local image paths, entirely. Paths, such as below, both do not work with Kodi natively and also do not work with portability -- which is to say, copying a movie folder to a hard drive for use with Kodi on-the-go.

<poster>/mnt/user/Movies/Star Wars The Last Jedi (2017)/poster.jpg</poster>

Instead, web based paths should be used, based on the metadata sources chosen by the user. For example, the path structure used by actor images works perfectly:

<actor>
    <name>Mark Hamill</name>
    <role>Luke Skywalker / Dobbu Scay (voice)</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <sortorder>0</sortorder>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Carrie Fisher</name>
    <role>General Leia Organa</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <sortorder>1</sortorder>
  </actor>
  <actor>
    <name>Adam Driver</name>
    <role>Kylo Ren</role>
    <type>Actor</type>
    <sortorder>2</sortorder>
  </actor>

Therefor, the best output for a movie poster/fanart would be something along the lines of:

<fanart>
    </fanart>

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I do all of my media management via Emby, but I still need to go backport them to Kodi, if I want them to stick around when I'm traveling etc. 

Once we download images we don't keep a hold of the original urls so this would require some core changes first but it's possible for the future. thanks.

• 3 months later...
osak00006

Once we download images we don't keep a hold of the original urls so this would require some core changes first but it's possible for the future. thanks.

Any progress here? Possible to donate to expedite this? It's driving me nuts having my Kodi native scanning out of sync with Emby's awesomeness on non-Emby-powered portable devices

No, sorry. We don't store the original image URLs once it has been downloaded.

However the original request of this topic had been satisfied so I would suggest opening a new feature request topic. Thanks.

osak00006

No, sorry. We don't store the original image URLs once it has been downloaded.

However the original request of this topic had been satisfied so I would suggest opening a new feature request topic. Thanks.

What's the fix to the original request? Where do I enable that fix?

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We have always saved full paths. Sorry I guess this topic is sufficient you just can't really tell what it means from the title while alone.