Emby 3.32.0 images not resized on server

aazinek

Hi,

I moved last week from Emby server for Windows to Emby for QNAP version 3.2.32.0. Installing was smooth and server is working but there is signifficant slowness when loading movie list with posters in Emby client on Samsung TV 2014 Orsay. For Windows server installation everything was working very fast but after migration to QNAP things on TV are much worse. After short investigation in server log I noticed that movie images are not resized, i.e. HTTP GET taken from log:

http://192.168.60.93:8096/emby/Items/6df1a5291bfaa117de2a65ad8ad9de1c/Images/Primary?maxHeight=396&maxWidth=264&tag=f669e926af5221f52fc85f9f0edfef69&quality=90

and used in FF browser returns original poster/background/actor image - not resized version. It's possible to check that image is not resized by clicking RMB on image/poster and choose 'View image' when connected to server from Web browser.

I checked other Windows server installation and images are returned from server as resized version. This explains why loading movie list from Emby for Windows is fast but from Emby for QNAP is very slow - my TV needs to resize each image (usually quite big) served from server. Another observation - poster/background images are scaled and displayed in Samsung client fine but actors' images are not scaled and only part of image is displayed.

aazinek

Edited by aazinek

Ok, whoever put together this qnap package did not supply an image processing library, or maybe they did but it's failing to load. If you got this package from the qnap community then you will need to post there to get an answer about this.

We are in process of building a qnap package ourselves and any day now we'll have it up for testing. With our package you'll never have to worry about something like this. Thanks.

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !

@@aazinek