Subtitles Styling?

Inrego

I thought I'd make a plugin, to allow styling of subtitles. But I got stuck already in proof-of-concept. The video::cue style does not seem to have any effect on subtitles. Do you have any idea why? Where do you do your default styling of subtitles, so I can look into that myself?

I wouldn't bother with this kind of plugin to be honest. We already have basic subtitle style settings and over time we'll continue to expand on them.

Inrego

Oh, I actually hadn't seen the subtitle style settings. The thing I was primarily looking to add, was some backdrop. Even with the shadow settings, they can be a bit hard to read on bright scenes..

Maybe just add an opacity slider for backdrop? 0-100%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am running the latest version of the server: 3.2.40 and I am not able to find the subtitle settings. Where do I have to go?

I also watch very often from my android tablet, and even there I cannot find any setting for the subtitles (only enable/disable).

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

P.S. When will the advanced settings for subtitles be available?

It's not implemented in android yet but this new video player library that we're testing will put us in better position to add those settings:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/53753-emby-for-android-libmpv-testing/

I cannot offer any timeframe on advanced settings, other than it's something we'd like to do in the future, thanks.