Apple TV App crashes after selecting user

MikeNC
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Need some help getting my Apple TVs up and running.   I am a new user testing out Emby moving over from Plex.   We use 4th gen Apple TVs on 3 different TVs in the house and I have the same issue on all apple TVs which leads me to believe its a server issue.   I am able to install the Emby App from the app store on the Apple TV.   I can manually put in the IP and port for my server and it connects and shows my 2 users with profile pictures.   Once I select a user, I get a "Welcome User" screen and spinning wheel under it for maybe 20 seconds then the app crashes back to Apple TV home screen.   Emby Dashboard on my server shows in recent activity that User is Online, User successfully authenticated, then User disconnected.   

Emby Server is version 3.2.32.0 running in a docker on UnRaid server version 6.3.5

Emby IOS app has no problem connecting to server and browsing media and switching between users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

• Solution

Hi.  Sorry to hear about this.

Does the same thing happen with all users?

Is there anything interesting about the users' names and/or their passwords (funny characters maybe)?

Would you be willing to create me as a guest user (just create a guest for 'ebr') and let me try and connect to your server and see if I can reproduce the problem?

• Like 1

Hi.  Sorry to hear about this.

Does the same thing happen with all users?

Is there anything interesting about the users' names and/or their passwords (funny characters maybe)?

Would you be willing to create me as a guest user (just create a guest for 'ebr') and let me try and connect to your server and see if I can reproduce the problem?

Wow, it was the user names for each, I feel like an idiot not figuring that out on my own.   I had 2 users set up, one was "Me & Wife" the other was " Kid1 & Kid2".   Took out the "&" and it works perfect now.   Thanks so much for the fast response, so far you guys are awesome and I will be purchasing Emby Premiere very soon.  

@@corey - Can you hunt down where we aren't escaping these properly when you get a chance (possible you already took care of it in the beta)?  Thanks.

@@corey - Can you hunt down where we aren't escaping these properly when you get a chance (possible you already took care of it in the beta)?  Thanks.

@@ebr -- I've submitted a PR for this.