Subtitles on Roku

moviefan

moviefan

Been watching the new season of Narcos which has way too many subtitles.

When I watch it on my Roku3 I have two weird things happen:

1) When I start playing the file, even though the subtitle track is marked as forced, it doesn't start playing automatically.  Whats weird is that when I move to the subtitle selection screen, the right track appears to be selected already.  But I still have to click OK on it again in order for the system to actually start playing subtitles.

2) The subtitles are ahead of the audio by several seconds.  This isn't an issue with the files.  If I watch the same files via any other method the subs are synced properly.  It just happens with Roku.

Anyone else seeing behavior like this?  This has worked fine for me in the past with the older version of Emby but I think this is the first time I've tried subtitles since switching to the newer flashier version.

The subs not activating on their own is an intermittent problem due to the fact that Roku doesn't really work that way and we are trying to force it to.

As for being out of sync - is the item being transcoded?  Are the subs internal or external? etc.

moviefan

Thanks for the update ebr.

The item is being transcoded.  It is an MKV file containing h.264 video with embedded SRT subs.

I can try to replicate and grab some logs Luke.  Was mostly just curious if this is expected behavior with the new app on Roku or something new.

Edited by moviefan