Group Album Versions

Coxeroni

Coxeroni

Unfortunately I have several albums which have their bonus tracks in a separate folder like this:

music\Artist\Album_Title-Year
music\Artist\Album_Title-(Bonus_Tracks)-Year

Both folders appear as separate album. When I try to select both and use the option "group album versions" (I hope the name is correct, my client is german) I only see the spinner and nothing happens. The logs also does no show anything working in that direction. Is this the correct way to correct something like this or should I go a different way like rename the folder/files correctly?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit: Reading the naming guide I am a bit shocked that a pretty popular naming for multi-disc is missing imho:

album\101-disc1-title1.mp3
...201-disc2-title1.mp3

Am I the only one using multi-disc in the same folder with a three digit track- and disc number?

Edited by Coxeroni

At this time the group versions feature is only for video files.

I haven't seen that file naming before but the naming shouldn't matter as we get the track and disc numbers from embedded tags. are your music files tagged with this information?

• Like 1

Coxeroni

At this time the group versions feature is only for video files.

I haven't seen that file naming before but the naming shouldn't matter as we get the track and disc numbers from embedded tags. are your music files tagged with this information?

Unfortunately yes they seem to be tagged. Since the files came as two seperate "albums" (i.e. "Album" and "Album (Bonus Tracks)") both are tagged as Disc 1. It seems as I cannot override the tags with whatever wicked file-naming I try :D

So I guess I need to get the tags, do everything by hand in Emby, or live with it.

Thanks for the answer anyway.