Emby have started to transcode when not needed

chali
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi

i was playing some media on my wetek play 2 using emby for android tv and noticed it started to transcode files that never been transcoded before, 

im getting the info that the files exceeds the bitrate as cause for the transcode.  

//Regards

log22222.txt

Log33333.txt

• Solution

@@chali, in this example, the bitrate of the video appears to exceed the bitrate setting in the app.

Does this answer your question?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@chali, in this example, the bitrate of the video appears to exceed the bitrate setting in the app.

Does this answer your question?

So check t and i have no limitation on that device, so i plugin other one and tested and got the same thing,  I do have 100mb/s as a limit during download, But this happens on dvd  and not bluray witch is very strange since dvd is much lower bitrate.

Another thing that happen if i play dvd on wetek play 2 or like a mx5 pro, its that the movie docent scale, its shown as a smal window instead of the full image, i haft o lower the bitrate to like 1mb to make it transcode the dvd and then i get full image.

it also seams to work if i click the button that the movie is not displayed  correctly so its transcoded.//Regards

Right well the reason you have to lower the bitrate to force the transcode is because otherwise the transcode is not needed. It can direct play the file.