Coming from Plex: Where are my filters?

chander421

chander421

I really try to fully switch to emby after years of supporting both Plex & Emby, but i can't seriously relied on Emby if i have no way to search and/or filter my movies by director/actor/country...

I don't want to be rude or disrespectful towards the emby's devs who are truly involved in the community of users here. Coming from plex, it's really great!

I can wait for these features to be implemented but is it possible to have any feedback about it? Just to know if it'll be possible in a not too distant future?

Thanks for your work!

Edited by chander421

adrianwi

The search does seem a little limited from my initial few days using in anger, and only seems to search on titles?  Better filters would be essential for Smart Playlists, which is the feature I'm missing the most.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

What app are you using? In the web app the filters button can be found in the "All" view.

59ca7d975b46f_Capture.png

59ca7e0a50f4c_Cap.png

Edited by Jdiesel

chander421

Thanks. I know where the filter button is ;)

Just lacking filtering by Directors/Actors/Country in the web app AND in the apple tv client (just by genre  :( ). It's weird because sorting options are present and just perfect!

Really hope for more filtering options, it's the last thing preventing me to fully use and recommend Emby to other angry plex's users...

Edited by chander421
  • Like 1