Configuration Backup & Restore bug

computerprep

computerprep

I think there's a bug (or incompatibility) with the Configuration Backup plugin to backup or restore or both user-specific information of any username beginning with a period.

I've had to restore from a backup a couple of times now in the last month. First for a server glitch, then a migration to a new machine.

Everyone else's favorites and watched lists returned after restore except two accounts, which I titled to begin with a period so they would always appear first alphabetically.

I'm going to dig around my backup files (which I still haven't deleted) to see if the information is there and just not restoring properly. Thankfully I backup my watched list to trakt, but I've lost my favorites unless I can reassemble the backup file.

Edited by computerprep

computerprep

That was a hardware glitch... Which I patched, but then replace the machine.

And I just finished importing my playstates and favorites successfully, just by changing some folder names to remove the period both in the backup folder and in the user administration.

So maybe a future version of this plugin could replace periods with tildes or underscores?

computerprep

Looks like this might be affecting playlist restoration to, but that's much less important to me. Probably related.

computerprep

No, sorry I didn't make that clear. Playlists are specific to users, correct? So if I make a playlist on userA, userB can't see it. So one thought is that playlists have problems restoring to users whose names begin with period.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the playlists also had forward slashes. lol. not sure why I have such an affinity to these special characters. I'll dig around again and see if I can restore my old playlists if I take the slash out.

computerprep

That works too... Maybe the same approach to usernames beginning with a period. There might be some other special characters that should be disallowed too.