Refresh metadata every time starts?

jriker1

When you first start Emby each time on WIndows, does it automaticaly scan the movies shares for changes?  If not, is there a way on each startup to make it do so as one of it's intial tasks to adjust for any changes?

​Thanks.

JR

Thanks for the replies.  In the interest of having no keyboard on this device, only a remote, and hoping I can at least lock some of the screens down to make this an appliance, probably wouldn't be ideal to have to get to the scheduled area.  That said, I do have a USB stick that when put in will stop Emby, upload new movies, then start Emby again.  Is there any command line processes I can run to re-index the movies in Windows while the system is either off-line or once it's started up again?  Something I can program in a batch file of sorts?

Thanks.

JR

Happy2Play

You have to edit the scheduled tasks via the Dashboard.  Since there is a web client you can uses any computer to make these updates (ie On application startup). 

Happy2Play

If the issue is having your added media be scanned when added, just enable real time monitoring in the library settings.

Assuming setup supports real time monitoring.

It's assuming setup supports it + server is on at the time of the changes.

Generally I would not suggest a scan on every startup unless you have a really good reason. What many people do is turn things on of that nature, then later forget about it and come back and complain that the server is going crazy scanning all the time. We have configured the defaults to be as frustration-free as possible.