server: disable limit for new content notifications

horstepipe

horstepipe

hey

at the moment the new content notifications are limited to 10 items, so if you add more than 10 movies simultaneously, users don't get notified about all of them on next library scan which is quite annoying when they're waiting for a specific one.

So please

a - disable the limit at all or

b - let the user decide about the limit value

another nice thing would be if you could make the server detect whether there were multiple episodes of the same tv show added, so you don't get spammed with

The Big Bang Theory S01E01 has been added
The Big Bang Theory S01E02 has been added
The Big Bang Theory S01E03 has been added
The Big Bang Theory S01E04 has been added
etc.

and instead just getting

The Big Bang Theory has been added

but I guess this would require a rework of the whole notification mechanism.

best regards

Edited by horstepipe

On the one hand you ask for the limit to be lifted and on the other you ask the system to not "spam" you with content notifications  :P.

I understand what you are looking for but, as you said, the system would probably have to work differently than it does for it to do that.  Basically, you want a library scan summary notification.

Barring that kind of complete change (which may be cool but probably not the highest priority), I think some sort of limit has to exist.  Imagine what would happen with a brand new install if the notifications were not limited...

horstepipe

The second part with the summary was just an optional idea, first priority for me is to be able to disable the limit.

I understand the problem with the initial library scan, but when you implement a by user adjustable limit, you could also add some kind of warning here