Issue with Favorite Artists

wedgekc

There seems to be a bug in the Favorite Artists section of the music screen on the web app.  On the main screen it shows 10 favorite artists in what appears to be alphabetical order with a link to view all.  After clicking the Favorite Artists link it shows only 6 artists.  It works fine on the Android client.

Server Version 3.2.30.0, Linux, Docker

• 2 weeks later...
wedgekc

Thanks for the quick reply @@Luke, Upgraded the server to latest version and still see the same thing.  After clicking "Favorite Artists" I noticed that only the artists that have meta data stored in the media folder appear to be shown, those with meta data stored in the metadata folder are not shown.

Happy2Play

Thanks for the quick reply @@Luke, Upgraded the server to latest version and still see the same thing.  After clicking "Favorite Artists" I noticed that only the artists that have meta data stored in the media folder appear to be shown, those with meta data stored in the metadata folder are not shown.

Testing this I can see the same behavior on net core also.  Mine showed 8 in Favorites and 5 on Favorite Artists.  Those 5 had metadata in Music\Artist folder, none of metadata\artists showed up.

Tested moving Artist metadata from music\artist to metadata\artists and Artist disappeared from Favorite Artists.

Edited by Happy2Play

• 4 months later...
wedgekc

This appears to be an issue again in 3.3.0.0.  I cannot see all of my favorite artists when clicking "Favorite Artists" on the suggestions music screen.  I can filter favorite artists from the artist screen though.

wedgekc

The same problem as above.  On the music suggestion screen a listing of 10 favorite artists and once I click on favorite artists on I only see a few artists.  I have more than the listed favorite artists per the images.  Artists listed in /config/metadata/artists are not shown while artists in /mnt/Data/Music/RIP/ are shown.

post-130277-0-63931600-1519665625_thumb.jpg

post-130277-0-69633400-1519665646_thumb.jpg

Edited by wedgekc

wedgekc

Nope.  No filters.  It has to do with where the meta data is stored? This is only on the web version not on android.  I have included 2 more screenshots, in the metadata manager it shows the artist path (those that don't appear on the favorites view) music\artist and the popup on the artist screen shows the path  metadata\artist, is that correct?.  I believe my issue is the one stated below:

Testing this I can see the same behavior on net core also.  Mine showed 8 in Favorites and 5 on Favorite Artists.  Those 5 had metadata in Music\Artist folder, none of metadata\artists showed up.

Tested moving Artist metadata from music\artist to metadata\artists and Artist disappeared from Favorite Artists.

Thanks.

post-130277-0-31004300-1519793961_thumb.png

post-130277-0-19413600-1519793976_thumb.png

Edited by wedgekc