Emby on a BD-D8500N-XE

_TheMikey_
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

_TheMikey_

To put some life back into my old bluray player, I decided to try to install Emby on it.

I followed this https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/?p=277348 and it all looked as it should, but when it should sync, it could not connect to the ip. I got it to login as develop, and also put the ip in.

Could that be because it is a bluray player, and not an actual tv?

_TheMikey_

It looks like it is from 2011, and the smarthub also looks like the 2011 one, but just to try, I tried to put the IP for the 2012 version in, and it worked!

I now got the Emby app installed on my bluray player, and it can playback too. But I see no posters or images for anything, only empty frames. But maybe it needs some time to download them first, generally the player feels very slow in the menus, and it was also pretty slow to start playing, but once playing playback is perfectly smooth.

FrostByte

The app is slow to show images at first as it caches them, then it should be faster. 

Make sure you fall back to the 2011 version 1.06 (shows in splash screen and About), if the version is anything higher it will be extremely slower because versions after that were made for a newer version of the hub.  Your hub can't handle the higher resolution imaging in version 2x.  Another reason why you might not be seeing images.  I have the zip file for version 1.06 if you need it.

BD players will always be slower as they have less processor speed than TVs made in the same year.  I only use my BD player for testing for this reason.

You can do things like turn off disc spinner, reduce the amount of images loaded at one time, etc to make it faster.  These things can be found in the settings.

I think when you load v 106 you will be much happier

• Like 1

_TheMikey_

I'll give 1.06 a go, can you please send me the file? Just can't get the ip in the 2011 guide to work.

Also,how do I install from a file? Is it just to pop it on a USB stick and put it in, or is it a developer thing again?

• Solution
FrostByte

The person who was hosting the file for us is probably not hosting it any more.  The best thing to do is to host it from your own internal web server using IIS or some other.  Then it's just copying the two files to the correct location and install form your own IP. 

Otherwise you could try and side load the app from usb, but I'm not sure D-series BD players support that.  Plus side loading doesn't actually install the app, the USB has to allows be plugged in.

I'll PM you the files with a little bit more info

• Like 2

_TheMikey_

I'll PM you the files with a little bit more info

Thank you! I put the files on my server, put the ip in, and less then 60 seconds later, I was in Emby with everything working as expected.  :)

• Like 2