XBOX 360 Extender - Reproducible Freeze

hawthor20
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

hawthor20

I have found a bug in MBC on the xbox 360 Extender... Using the defaults for all settings, when you go into the movie library, and hold down left or right on the Xbox 360 Remote Control the Interface Freezes. it never crashes or stops playing the video in the background (if its running). It just hangs and no longer will accept any input.

I have reproduced this on 2 different Xbox Extenders and 2 different computers with Media Browser Server installed. So I am pretty sure its a bug. latest versions of Choc Theme, MBC and MediaBrowser Server.

thanks!

• Solution

It is a bug, but it is in the extender, not us.  Sorry.

Any overload of network traffic can cause the 360 to freeze up like that.  Disabling backdrop display may help.

• Like 1

hawthor20

It is a bug, but it is in the extender, not us.  Sorry.

Any overload of network traffic can cause the 360 to freeze up like that.  Disabling backdrop display may help.

Seems kind of weird that doing that would overload it... The Extender can already stream 19Mbs HD content.. so I would think loading 1-2meg jpg files wouldn't be that big of task... Maybe the Server and or the Client could be changed to hold off on Displaying the Backdrop until the scrolling ends?

Sorry, but it works well on the PC itself.  The 360 has always had these types of issues (it can hang if you try to play something with subtitles or too large of a bitrate, or if the file itself is too large, etc.).  Some themes do have special settings for extender use that can help but I, personally, am not putting any more effort into supporting this type of technology and its specific quirks.