Issue with new version

aahmyu

@@GothsterC thanks for the info. We're looking into it.

Hi Luke. also now on the latest release instead sometimes while seeking instead seeking backward it goes forward always. i have to go out to episode selection and start the episode again so it works. not to mention that the app is crashing alot now.

In exactly what situation?

How do you define "crashing"?

On what device and what version of the app?

Thanks.

How to Report a Problem

Hello, The problem is happening on Nvidia shield and latest beta version. every now then i keep getting emby is not responding and the choice to wait or close up or send feedback.

It keeps happening around minutes 7-10 in the show im watching. I just finished the 3rd episode and it still crashes on me. not to mention it gets laggy and barely responds.

Maybe a memory issue?

I attached the logs and i really hope you can find the problem there. I dont think its a server related problem though.

If you need more information. im ready to help.

PS: i asked in the android forum if we could have the ability to hide the controls manually. what do you think?

Regards

Edited by aahmyu

What exact version is displayed on the settings page for the app?

Can you please follow the instructions on how to send a log from the app in the post I linked to above?  Do this right after you experience one of these hang ups (immediately re-enter the app and send the log).

Thanks.

What exact version is displayed on the settings page for the app?

Can you please follow the instructions on how to send a log from the app in the post I linked to above?  Do this right after you experience one of these hang ups (immediately re-enter the app and send the log).

Thanks.

Version: 1.4.51g

User: Vay:

Show: remi nobody's girl episode 3

time sent: 19:08 Amsterdam time

Hope this helps

Gilgamesh_48

I do not know if it is at all related but I was having Emby shutdowns on my Shield Pro where I would be playing content and suddenly, with no warning, my Shield would go into a reboot cycle. That reboot would never finish, at least it took longer than 30 minutes, and never showed any progress past the four animations screen until I power cycled it and then it booted normally.

After any reboot Emby would work normally for a day or so until it rebooted again.

Since I had been using Plex before and had the Plex server and Kodi installed with both the Plex Kodi add on and PlexKodiConnect I decided to uninstall Kodi as I do not think I will be using Kodi any more but the uninstall would not work and eventually caused a reboot that behaved exactly like the one I got from Emby. I was not ably in any way to uninstall Kodi.

I then decided to do a full factory reset of my Shield. After it completed I reinstalled Emby, several minor apps I use and the Plex server as Emby is still in the testing stage for me although I am using Emby for at least 99% of my media consumption I want, for at least a while, to have Plex as a backup until I am sure about Emby. I did NOT reinstall Kodi at all.

Since that time I have been using Emby on my Shield for most of my Emby viewing (almost four solid days) and it has given absolutely no problems and there have been no reboots or other glitches.

From that I deduce that something in the way Kodi and the addons I was using interact with Emby, possibly also related to the Plex server being installed on the Shield, was causing the problem I was having. 

I do not need Kodi as it brings nothing to the Shield that I need at all so I am very happy with the way things are working and I intend to keep things as they are.

It is possible that something else on your Shield is causing the crashes you are seeing so you might want to look at the other apps installed.

CarlosLima
Hello, until yesterday was everything normal with my last Emby Server stable version and today, very early, when connecting the server, the Emby Server comes in and falls in 1 minute.

I have researched both the Emby Server and the pc and the problem persists. It comes in and falls all the time and that has been repeated for more than 10 times today.

Version: 1.4.51g

User: Vay:

Show: remi nobody's girl episode 3

time sent: 19:08 Amsterdam time

Hope this helps

This does appear to be an out of memory error during playback.  Have you installed other applications on the device that may be consuming large amounts of memory?

the Emby Server comes in and falls in 1 minute.

Hi.  Can you please explain exactly what that means?  Thanks.

This does appear to be an out of memory error during playback.  Have you installed other applications on the device that may be consuming large amounts of memory?

hmmm I only use kodi and emby nothing else is running. even plex server is off. so i think the problem is from emby app.

hmmm I only use kodi and emby nothing else is running. even plex server is off. so i think the problem is from emby app.

FWIW, I have Emby (v1.4.51) and Kodi (v17.4) installed on all 3 of my Shield TV's and all run without any issues.

I have the Plex client installed as well, but not the server.

FWIW, I have Emby (v1.4.51) and Kodi (v17.4) installed on all 3 of my Shield TV's and all run without any issues.

I have the Plex client installed as well, but not the server.

Well, sure. but that doesnt mean i dont have a problem. its obvious there is a memory leak. maybe this happens with some videos?

I watched yesterday something else and it worked fine. but ther problem keeps happening with that particular show which is 480p. and should work flawlessly.

PS: Im using an external ssa/ass subtitle file. maybe thats the problem?

Edited by aahmyu

As a test, is it possible for you to uninstall the Plex server and Kodi and see if anything changes?

I cant uninstall plex. but kodi I turned it off and made sure it wasnt running. emby didnt crash today but the ui lagged a bit. at then end of the episode it started playing the next episode without video just audio.

i sent logs again: user: vay

same tv show and the time was 18:34

I don't have any more information because I cannot reproduce the issue and I don't see anyone else reporting it (other than the folks that said removing other apps from the device solved it for them).

Vercety87

Hi, for me when I play a media and stop playing by pressing Android back button on my controller, the media stop playing but the audio of the media start playing from the begining. Even on the Android TV homescreen. I have to forced close the emby apps. No problem on my Android phone.

Hi, for me when I play a media and stop playing by pressing Android back button on my controller, the media stop playing but the audio of the media start playing from the begining. Even on the Android TV homescreen. I have to forced close the emby apps. No problem on my Android phone.

I have never heard of anything like this before.  What is your hardware?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also experienced some of these bugs with the latest stable and Android TV app.

Forward two times in a short while and it crashes and jumps to the next episode.

Stop playing and sound continues reproducing, even after quitting the app. Next TV turn on shows next episode played like it had effectively continued until the end.

Also:

Half of my videos crashes "too much fails"

In rare cases I can get to the icon that allows video and audio fixes in between crashes and push it, so it transcodes and can see them.

Almost all direct playing shutters and jumps every few seconds. Subtitles go out of sync...

Well, is a party.

Server 3.2.35.0

App 1.4.61g

Enviado desde mi MI 5s Plus mediante Tapatalk

Half of my videos crashes "too much fails"

Hi.  Can you please reproduce this and then send a log from the app following the instructions here (How to Report a Problem).  Please be sure to come back here and provide the requested information.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi.  Can you please reproduce this and then send a log from the app following the instructions here (How to Report a Problem).  Please be sure to come back here and provide the requested information.  Thanks.

Hello ebr, thanks for your concern and please sorry me for not accounting that before. There was an accident in my street and, from others, I got no internet from that same day.

I did pick the logs after reproducing it but I could not send reports from the ATV app. I'll attach you a log where the app does what I described as jumping and crashing.

I couldn't reproduce it before figuring that the Tv user hadn't any content in the app because with the previous server update content permissions where lost.

If you feel that more logs are needed, I have ten or so from before and some transcoding files.

server-63645436800.txt

server-63645466377.txt

Edited by Sergio