Only loads Audio in app and crashes Chromecast

michaellarsen91

michaellarsen91

So as the title says when trying to play a certain show on my phone, it seems to happen with every episode, in the emby app it plays the audio but the video is just green with a lot of artifacts all over. When I try to cast it to my Chromecast the screen turns red and then after a few seconds the Chromecast restarts so I'm assuming the Chromecast is crashing from it somehow. It plays just fine in chrome on my windows machine though. Emby server is up to date and is being run from an Ubuntu 16.04 desktop installation.

If anyone has any ideas for a fix I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Strange, it is direct playing and two different video players (android/chromecast), are both having trouble with it. Can you provide a sample video for testing? thanks !

michaellarsen91

I'm not sure how to attach it with the file size limit. I'm afraid if I cut it with some software the cut will be re-encoded and not be the same as the original. What do you think would be the best thing to do? Thanks for your help!

This video is working fine for me on chromecast but i can reproduce the problem on android. 

Now here is what makes this difficult. To resolve this, we can switch from direct play to transcoding, however this is the kind of problem that can't be easily detected by us, therefore you'd have to switch to transcoding manually. We don't yet have a button in the video player to force a switch to transcoding, but it is planned for an upcoming update.