Hi Folks,

Setup:

-VM (LinuxKVM / Proxmox VE)

-Ubuntu 16.04

-4GB RAM

-8 Cores allocated

-4GB SWAP

-Several TBs of Linux ISOs

-Emby version : 3.2.30.0 (latest presented as of Sept 16 2017)

Plugins:

-Auto Box Sets

-Revision3

-Trailers

The issue I have is that the memory usage of Emby increases by about 100-200MB per day, and does not appear to have a ceiling. I know this because I am measuring the usage at the hypervisor level, and with my monitoring system too (LibreNMS rocks). It's now 1.7GB into SWAP + just shy of 4GB of RAM used, with an uptime of just 16 days, and running poorly, so I will need to reboot this.

I have looked at the historical graphs on this, and it looks like the issue has been going on for over 6 months (can't tell conclusively when it "started", this may be a long-term regression here), and seems to be "resolved" (memory freed up) every time the server is restarted when an update happens (I do this manually). Hence why I had not noticed this earlier.

I am going to private message Luke the link to my log file as I don't want to publicly share a 2MB text log file that I really don't want to scrub of personal info. I run a secure network, so I'm only okay sharing this info with the devs directly.

I'm not doing anything fancy, watching Theatrical Linux ISOs, as well as Syndicated Linux ISOs, and some Japanese Linux ISOs too. But I am not currently listening Album Linux ISOs through it really (waiting on tasty Chromecast volume control improvements, yum!).

Not sure what more to say on this, hopefully my log helps! :)

Looks like my monitoring logs are paying off here :D Hope I didn't miss anything! You guys are awesome for support, hope you get this figured out :)

Edited by BloodyIron

BloodyIron

It's a silly analogy to surreptitiously "mask" what is being discussed. Akin to what people use torrents normally for, even though it's used for Linux ISOs often ;)

Odd you haven't seen it before, I was more using it as tongue-in-cheek in this regard. I don't mean it LITERALLY. Surely when I say "Theatrical Linux ISOs" it's suggestive enough as to what I could mean?

What do you mean iso's?

Hi,

I was just about to post the same issue. Running Emby since 2 weeks, also Ubuntu 16.04 with 4GB RAM. RAM is normally around a use of 2GB, but today I noticed Emby being really slow. Checked the server: All RAM used, Swap at 50%. Restarted emby-server and all was fine.

The process "mono-sgen" was at 85% memory use.

Updated to 3.2.31 a minute ago, will watch and report if that repeats.