Subtitle disappear on seek

aahmyu
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hello, When i try to seek in a movie on my Nvidia shield the subtitle disappear and i have to go back to the subtitle menu and click the subtitle again to start working again.

If i seek again ill have to do the same thing.

the subtitles are stored inside the movie folder srt format.

its easy to reproduce. if logs are needed ill provide them later.

Regards

I've seen this occasionally on my Shield TV's, but never been able to reproduce on demand, so as to grab debug logs etc.

To reproduce the problem you have to start playing with subtitle set to none. if the subtitle is set beforehand the problem wont appear.

I attached the log just in case.

btw the app crashed after a little seeking... i hope you can see this problem also in the logs.

Thanks

Edited by aahmyu

Hi.  Can you please try the beta version and see if it behaves differently?

Thanks.

Hello. I tried the new beta and i couldn't reproduce the problem. I'll keep you updated if it happens again.

Thanks

GothsterC

Hello,

I just started having this problem with the latest release from Sept. 17th.  I also am a member of the beta and it's happening there as well.  It looks like the beta and regular release are the same now?

In any case, I get the same symptom as mentioned above.  It worked previously to this latest release.  The codec is DVD SUB.  It says Subtitles loading for a second and then it goes away and no subtitles appear.  Subtitles work fine on my other clients including the web client.  Just the Amazon Fire TV is the problem.

Hello,

I just started having this problem with the latest release from Sept. 17th.  I also am a member of the beta and it's happening there as well.  It looks like the beta and regular release are the same now?

In any case, I get the same symptom as mentioned above.  It worked previously to this latest release.  The codec is DVD SUB.  It says Subtitles loading for a second and then it goes away and no subtitles appear.  Subtitles work fine on my other clients including the web client.  Just the Amazon Fire TV is the problem.

Okay, that is not the same problem as this topic but we are looking into it :).