Logo Usage Guidelines

kingargyle

kingargyle

I've finally refactored my Android application, so that I can add Emby in as a Server option.   I'd like to know what if any usage guidelines there exists around using the Emby logo within third party applications?   In particularly, since the application supports both Plex and Emby, I'd like to clearly identify which server a user is selecting, best way to do this is with familiar icons.   Is there a link to anything in regards to using icons/images from Emby server itself?

Currently the Assets page doesn't exist, and the Development Policy doesn't really cover the logo usage in third party apps.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/wiki/assets

Edited by kingargyle

Hi.  Thanks for asking.  We are still working on trademarking these assets (this is a loooong process).

In general, if you are using them to indicate something like you are - a connection with an Emby Server - then that should be fine.

We simply would ask that you not use the logo in such a way that it looks like whatever your app is was created by us.

Thanks!

kingargyle

Thanks for the response.  I may for the time being just go with a background color on each server option.  Emby green, and Plex orange for each of the supported servers.